Chapter 7: Long Time no See (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Where were you seated before she was poisoned?" Tanong ni Eudayme.

"Sa kaliwa ni Luisa." sagot naman niya.

The inspector called the man named Freddy for his turn to be interrogated. He seemed to be so calm despite what happened to their friend. 

"Freddy Albar, 35 years of age, a bartender." pagpapakilala niya sa kanyang sarili.

"We learned that the deceased cheated on you, is that correct?" tanong ni inspector kay Freddy.

"Yes, but I didn't poisoned her, she may have cheated on me but I don't care anymore, that was in the past already." he said.

"What tea did you order?" Bigla namang tanong ng kanina pang tahimik na si Cali.

"Bluechai tea." he answered.

After that, the inspector asked one of his subordinates to assist Freddy on going back to where the rest is seated.

Cali and Eudayme are quiet, thinking carefully and not sharing their thoughts to each other. Iginala ko ang aking paningin sa buong cafe at nakitang kami na lang pala ang natitira dito, maybe inspector let the other customers go since they have nothing to do with the case. I looked at my wrist watch and was surprised to see that it was already 1:40 pm, I'm late for my afternoon class!

"Don't leave yet, I still need your insights about this case." sabi ni Cali na napansin yatang aalis na sana ako.

"But the class." I informed him.

"You're excuse, I told the inspector to inform the school that you will not be attending afternoon classes due to an emergency." he explained. I sighed in relief because of what I heard. 

Napaisip naman ako tungkol sa kaso nang biglang may ibinigay sa akin na papel si Cali.

"My deceased client gave me this yesterday, its a screenshot that was sent to her by the blackmailer." he informed me. Kinuha ko naman sa kanya ang pirasong papel at tiningnan ito. 

09873645298 (Unregistered Number)

SAT AT 9:38 PM

I know you very well Luisa, though you do not recognise me. 

This is not fake, follow my instructions.

Prepare a 1 million peso and put it in a brown cash envelope.

Go to the Dupin Cafe on August 26 at 3:00 pm and put it on top of the table 5 and leave the cafe after 5 minutes.

If you will not follow my instructions, expect something bad that might ruin your reputation.

You do not need to apologise because it won't change anything.

That was the message that the blackmailer sent to Luisa. 

Wait! August 26 is today! That realization made my eyes widened in shock. I suddenly approached Cali to ask him about the money.

"Cali!" I called him. "Did the police found a brown cash envelope inside her bag?" I asked him that made him smirk.

"Yeah, there is. Why?" he asked that made me frown.

"Hindi mo pa binabasa ito?" I asked him and he just shook his head that made me dumbfounded. Bakit hindi niya binasa? Sa kanyang client naman yun ah. I turned to him to ask why.

"I am entrusting you to solve that blackmailing case while I will solve the poisoning case." he emphasized the word "I" then looked at Eudayme sideways.