Chapter Twenty-Two

One Week Later

"Oh my gosh... It' beautiful!" I say as I step out of the car. Everyone else follows. Mother reserved us a beach house here in Texas. It's so breathtaking, especially surrounded by the light blue water. I can't wait to see the inside!

"Mrs. Moonlight, you did excellent." Lea says smiling. Mother giggles.

"Well, thank you dear. I figured you kids would enjoy it." Mother says. Asher and Beau starts unloading our suitcases from the back. Mason stares out into the ocean. After I grab my bag, I walk up to him.

"Speechless?" I ask. Mason looks over at me and smiles.

"You could say that." He says. I smile. I can't believe Mason and I became friends. I had a huge crush on him, and to think I would fall in love with someone else. Life sure is ironic.

"Have you heard from him?" Mason asks. My heart skips a beat. I instantly know who Mason was talking about.

I look down at the sand and say, "no, I haven't. I figured he was busy or something." Mason chuckles.

"Excuses." He says. I look up at him and he's looking at me with vulnerable eyes. I start to say his name when Paisley jumps on my back. I almost fall over.

"Hazelnuts, let's go look inside! Your mom already unlocked it!" She says. I laugh. I look over at Mason but he's already gone. I don't know why, but there's something still missing in our friendship. I follow Paisley to the beach house. Everyone else is already inside.

As we walk in, my breath is taken away. Stunning hardwood floors, the archway looks like it's from a castle, and there is an open living room and kitchen. Mother is already in the kitchen while Lea helps her. I don't see any of the boys so I guess they're in their room. Grace is out on the balcony on her phone. Must be talking to her parents. Paisley smiles at me.

"This is a dream." She says smiling. I smile.

"It sure feels like it huh? It's stunning." I say.

"You're right. This place is stunning." I freeze. I recognize that voice. Paisley's jaw drops. My heart feels like it's going to jump out of my chest.

"I wouldn't say the house is what's stunning though." That velvety voice that I've missed so much. I turn around and tears immediately fill them.

"Hi Hazel." Jace Akira says smiling. I jump into his arms as he wraps them around me.

"Jace!" I say in between my tears. He chuckles. I feel him kiss my head.

"I've missed you so much!" I say as we let go. Jace gives me a smile and wipes away my tears.

"I've missed you too. I'm sorry I just left you with a note." He says. I smile.

"It's okay. I know you did what was best for you." I say. He laughs.

"Yea, moving sure was a breath of fresh air." He says. He just stares at me. I blush.

"W-w-w-what?" I stutter. He grins.

"Is it just me or have you gotten cuter?" He asks. My whole face turns red. Jace chuckles. Paisley clears her throat. We look at her.