Chapter Ten

"It's not funny Hazel." I say sighing. She keeps laughing.

"I'm sorry, but you were so bad." She says through her laughs. I just stare at her. She changed outfits from what she wore to school today. She's wearing a long sleeve purple dress with tights underneath. Her hair is different to; it's in a bun. She's wearing make-up also. She really went all out for me. I smile.

"To be honest, Mario Kart has never been a friend of mine." I say. Hazel finally stops laughing. She pats my head. I feel myself blush.

"There there Jace. No need to feel down. I'm just so good because my brother and I would play Mario Kart all the time." She says. She gives me a smile. It's already been an hour and half since Hazel got here. Pizza got here really quick after I ordered some. Finding something to do after we have eaten dinner was hard. Well, until Hazel spotted Mario Kart.

"I appreciate the comforting." I say while getting up. I put the controllers away and turn off the game. I turn around and Hazel is staring right at me. I just stare at her back. She eventually smiles and gets up.

"Tonight has been really fun Jace. Thank you." She says sweetly. I smile. I grab her hand and pull her towards me. Her face turns red.

"I'm glad you came." I say softly. I kiss her on her cheek. Her face turns a darker red. I chuckle. Hazel just holds onto me. I wish we could stay like this forever.

"Jace?" She asks.

"Yea?" I ask. She looks up at me and her eyes are showing me something I've never seen before.

"Umm... Could we maybe, uh, go-o to your-r-" I put my finger over her mouth. She just stares at me. I give her a soft smile.

"I'm not sure if what you're asking is a good idea." I say. She looks down. My heart falls. I didn't mean to upset her, but if she was asking what I thought...

"I just want to get closer to you." She whispers. My body freezes. Closer? My heart is pounding. I pick Hazel up princess style.

"Whoa, Jace. What are you doing?" She asks. I smile at her.

"I'm doing what you asked." I say. Her eyes light up. I can control myself. I just need to repeat those words in my head. I take her upstairs to my room. I put her down once we're inside. I wasn't planning on coming up here, but she asked.

"Wow, so neat." She says then giggles.

"What's funny?" I ask. She looks at me.

"Your classroom is always so neat and organized, so I'm not surprised your room is the same way. I say this because your room usually defines what kind of person you are." She says. I raise my eyebrow.

"Oh? Then what kind of person am I?" I say. She smiles and stands right in front of me.

"Hmm. Responsible. Smart. Kind." She says.

"That's it huh?" I ask. She giggles.

"Well, I know there is more to your personality, but I haven't figured it out yet." She says. She starts heading towards my bed. I get the urge to...

"Jace, come sit down." She says, patting beside her. I just stare at her. Hazel is sitting on my bed. Crap, why is she tempting me? I just stand there and smile.