Chapter Twenty

"Hazel, we still have to get ready! Come on!" Grace says. I hang up one more sign. I look at Grace.

"Sorry, I just finished! Let me go get my things." I say. She smiles.

"I'll wait at the front. Remember, Paisley is waiting too!" She says as she heads towards the entrance. I head back to Mr. Akira's room. It's Monday, the first day of the festival. It starts at five o'clock and it's four o'clock right now. We only have an hour to get ready. Once Grace announced to the freshman class what we were doing, almost everyone came to volunteer. It made us so happy.

I see my bag on the desk right in front of Mr. Akira's desk. I go to get it. As soon as I turn around, I jump.

"Hey sis." Asher says smiling. I smile.

"Asher, why do you always have to scare me?" I say as we walk out the door. He laughs. Asher was suspended for a week after punching Beau in the face. It sucked not having him around, but the suspension helped him reflect. Now, Beau and him are on good terms. He even feels great about Beau and Paisley's relationship. We're all together again, in fact, we added new friends to the group! Grace started hanging out with us, and Asher flirts with her all the time. I'm glad he's moved on. Mason hangs out with us too. His girlfriend, Lea, hangs out when she can, but since she is a year older, it can be difficult.

"I still can't believe you were a committee member Hazel. It really helped you bloom." Asher says. I smile.

"Oh, stop saying sappy stuff." I say. We both walk out the front entrance. Grace is waiting for us.

"Hey guys! Asher, you were still here?" She asks. Asher smiles.

"Of course, who else is going to protect you two?" He asks. I roll my eyes. Grace giggles.

"Where is Paisley?" I ask.

"Turns out she left with Beau. She thought she told us, but I guess it slipped her mind." Grace says. I smile. I'm glad Paisley finally found love.

"Come on guys, we got to get going!" I say as I start running. We head to the station. We're all meeting up at Asher and my house to get ready since it's the closest to the school.

***

"Lea, you're so beautiful! It's not fair." Grace says as she sighs. Lea giggles.

"Oh please, all of you are equally beautiful." She says smiling. Lea, Grace, Paisley, and I are in my room getting ready. We all decided to go as Disney Princesses. I'm Belle, Paisley is Ariel, Grace is Snow White, and Lea is Rapunzel.

"Why did I let you all talk me into this again?" Paisley asks.

"Oh, come on Paisley. You know it's going to be fun!" Grace says. Paisley sighs. The boys are going to be the guys from the Disney movies. Mason will be Eugene, Beau will be Eric, and Asher is going to be Prince Charming. I think it's awesome how they are all matching. Too bad Jace couldn't dress up with us...

"Hazel, you okay?" Paisley asks. I smile.

"Never better." I say. I hear my cell phone go off. I check it. My eyes go wide. Jace...

"Alright girls, I'm going to head out. You have ten minutes!" Grace says as she walks out the door.

"I'm following." Lea says. I look at Jace's message.