THIRTEEN

It had been a day since Nalé left after telling us that Hybern destroyed Mystia after taking her mother. And the fact that she hadn't returned yet was not sitting well with anyone, especially Azriel. He would pace around the Townhouse without pause. At the moment we were preparing for a High Lord meeting, called by Tarquin and Helion. It was to take place at the Day Court, like most meetings. We were all going except for Azriel, who would stay behind in case Nalé came back. "Feyre!" I heard Rhys call from outside. I looked at Azriel.

"I'm sure she's fine and that she'll return. You know how to reach us," I assured him before walking out of the Townhouse and standing in between Rhys and Mor. We winnowed ourselves to the Day Court and were welcomed by a smiling Helion and a worried looking Tarquin.

"So nice to see you again, although I'm missing one of my favourite faces," Helion said, embracing each one of us. Rhys smiled.

"He has personal business to attend to today so will sadly not be joining us," Rhys replied smoothly.

"Is everything alright Tarquin?" I asked. He put on a small smile.

"No but he'll tell you more once everyone else has arrived," Helion said, placing a hand on the young High Lord's back. He nodded. We followed the two into the meeting room and took our seats. Not long after, the others had all arrived. "So, we've gathered you here because Tarquin has found something a little disturbing," Helion started, his behaviour drastically changing to a more serious demeanor. He nodded to the young High Lord.

"As you know, the Summer Court is closest to Hybern," Tarquin started and I saw the High Lords visibly tense at the mention of the island and it's deceased king. "Just last night I felt a power surge come from there. It was subtle but it was felt at the edges of my court." Tamlin cleared his throat. We all looked over at him.

"It was felt at the edge of the Spring Court too," he said. "Mildly though." I tapped Rhy's mind walls and he let me inside. He was thinking the same as I was, Nalé.
Do you think she could've triggered it?

It's possible but I wouldn't know how. Unless she found a way to open a portal to Mystia or maybe it came from her reaching out to her mother, as Azriel said she could. Rhys said. I slipped out and focused on the conversation around us. The High Lords were arguing about what to do, and in all honesty I would be frightened if I didn't know that it was most likely Nalé, but we couldn't tell the High Lords that.

"If you would like-" Rhys but into the argument, "I can have Azriel and Cassian go there and see if they can find anything." The room went silent.

"Why would you offer that?" Baron argued. Rhys raised an eyebrow at him.

"Because I know they can handle themselves and it'll ease my nerves," he said through gritted teeth, showing the other high lords that he didn't like the idea of another threat to Prythian. Baron backed off and Rhys glanced at the other lords seated around the circle. No one said anything else. Helion nodded.

"That would be kind of you Rhys," Helion said, eyeing Cassian. He had no emotions on his face, revealing nothing about what we knew.

"Then I think we're done here, no?" Rhys said, standing up and straightening his tunic. The other high lords copied his movements.

"Yes, that would be all," Tarquin added before thanking the high lords for coming on such short notice.

We all filed out and winnowed back to the Court of Dreams.

As we walked into the town house, we saw Azriel sitting on his chair with his head in his hands, as if he was deep in thought. He didn't look up as we entered the room. I looked over at Rhys, who only gave me a slight nod. "Azriel?" he started. Azriel slowly looked over at us. "We think Nalé went to Hybern. Tarquin said there was a power surge that was felt on the edges of the Summer court and Tamlin said it was slightly felt in the Spring court as well. Since I assume it was Nalé, I'm sending you and Cassian to go see if you can find her," Rhys said, sitting across from Azriel. Azriel nodded before looking at Cassian. He slowly stood up and the two Illyrians looked each other over. I smiled at them.