ELEVEN

We walked out of the townhouse and I looked up at the House of Wind on top of the mountains. I spread my wings and looked to my side. Azriel smiled back at me. I launched off the ground and Azriel followed close behind. We landed atop the balcony of the House of Wind a moment later. I made my wings disappear and grabbed Azriel's hand. "Don't worry about me okay?"

"You saying that makes me worry," Azriel replied. I chuckled and gave his hand a squeeze.

"Let's go," I said and started walking towards the dining room. I walked in with Azriel a step behind me and I received shocked glances from the high lord and high lady.

"Nalé? We're surprised to see you," the high lady said. I smiled at her.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything by making an appearance," I replied. She shook her head.

"No, not at all. Take a seat," she said, pointing to the seat I had sat in the last time I was here. I smiled at her and took a seat. A moment later Morrigan walked into the room. I felt her stop midstep. I turned to look at her and smiled. She just looked me over before continuing to her seat. Rhysand made dinner appear a moment later.

"Do you plan to leave again once Mor says something you disagree with?" Amren said, looking me over. I returned the look and smirked.

"Now where would the fun in that be?" I replied before looking up and smiling at Mor. She glared at me. "On that note, I do have something I would like to say," I said, straightening my back and looking at Mor. "May I have a word with you, outside?" I asked her. She glanced at the high lord and he gave her a subtle nod. She looked back at me.

"Yes." I got up and she followed my movements. I walked towards the balcony and she followed me. I got to the edge and leaned my arms on the railing. I felt her come to a stop behind me.

"I have come to a consensus that you are not going to apologise to me for your behaviour and I am not going to demand one. That would be an extreme waste of my time," I started. "I would just like us to- get along- to the point where we don't have to sit and glare at each other every time one of us enters the room. I understand you don't want me here and that you might feel like I'm barging into your life, which I basically am, but I'm not doing it to harm you. Or annoy you in any way. I know you have a history with Azriel and that you might feel like I'm pulling him away. I don't mean to. You can be with him when you'd like. He is your friend after all. I don't want to take that away. I understand you don't trust me but can we at least not act like we want to kill each other all the time?" I asked, finally looking at her. She looked at me with a neutral expression.

"I don't want to kill you. I just don't want you to kill anyone here. And I don't trust you," she said, crossing her arms. I nodded.

"I understand. Don't you have the power of truth though? Can't you tell?" She glared at me.

"How do I know you won't block it?"

"Why would you think that?"

"Amren says your more powerful than you let on," she said, smirking.

"Oh yeah? Did she say anything else?" I asked, smirking right back at her.

"A couple of others. But she knows you're not from here. She can feel it."

"Well, you're right. I'm only half Prythian," I said, pushing myself off the railing and standing in front of her. We were about the same height.

"Where is your other half from?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Mystia," I said. Her eyes widened.

"I thought that place was a myth." I shook my head.

"My mother was from Mystia."