SEVENTEEN

We walked in and saw everyone glance towards us. I sat down next to Azriel. He gave me an encouraging smile. I looked over at Rhys and Feyre. "I'm sorry if I caused you any problems. I've worked some things out and would like to try to join you guys again. I promise I'm not up to anything bad. If I disappear it is most likely to go to Hybern to either be alone or speak with my mother. a small smile.

I would appreciate it if you would not come looking for me unless I am gone for longer than a day and a night," I said. They nodded.

"We understand. And we accept your apology. I hope we can make you feel welcome, even after what has happened," Feyre said. I smiled at her.

"Thanks," I said with a smile. "And if it's alright with you guys, I would like to join you guys for breakfast tomorrow." Feyre smiled.

"You're very welcome to. We'll see you tomorrow then?" she asked sweetly. I nodded and looked at Azriel. He smiled and offered me a hand.

"We're going to get some of her things and move them here," he said as we got up and headed towards the door. I let out a sigh of relief as the brisk night air hit me. I took a deep breath before walking down the stairs with Azriel. He squeezed my hand slightly. I'm proud of you. He said in my mind. He stayed at the edges, like always and it didn't hurt much anymore. I smiled.

Thank you. I replied. We walked towards my old house, under the stars, our hands still interlaced. I looked down at them as we walked and watched our arms swing along to our walking pace.

We soon made it to my old house and I entered it with Azriel on my heels. I stopped abruptly as my eyes fell on the last person I expected to stand there. He turned at my presence and a nasty smile grew on his face. "Hello sister," he greeted. I felt Azriel come to my side and put a hand on my back instinctively. He looked the man over and I glanced between his assessing gaze and the one of the man before me.

"Matteo," I said, disgust lacing my voice. "How did you survive? Mother dropped a mountain on you," I spat. He cocked his head.

"So it was mother after all," he said, toying with the words.

"Don't call her that," I spat, feeling my power surge to the surface. Azriel's contact being the only thing to stop the wave of power threatening to surface. "She was not your mother."

"Maybe not biologically. Do tell, was she pleased with herself when I was presumed dead?" he says with such mockery. I glare at him. "Did father ever find out? Did he make her pay?" he asked, desire filling his eyes. I glared at him.

"Father thought you let your idiotic self get caught under a landslide, just like mother and I had planned. He never figured it out. How did you survive?" He frowned and then chuckled.

"Oh sister, you forget who you're talking about. I am the first born of King Hybern and Queen Nazia-"

"She was never queen," I accused, cutting him off. He glared hard at me.

"My mother-"

"Was a cheap whore," I spat. He seemed to fume. "State your purpose Matteo." He straightened himself.

"I've come to challenge you for the throne," he stated matter of factly.

"There is no throne left," I stated, matter of factly. He tilted his head slightly, contemplating.

"What did you do?" he asked slowly.

"I destroyed it. There is no throne to claim. You have no place to go," I said. He glared.

"You- destroyed it? Why?"

"Have you lived under a mountain? Father is dead. He waged war on Prythian and failed," I told him. He seemed to still at the sentence, again contemplating. I saw his eyes drift to Azriel.