SIX

Rhys and I walked into Az's room to see her sleeping with her hand in his. He looked over at us. "How are things?" I asked gently. Az nodded.

"Good," he said before turning back to her.

"Do you wanna come join us for dinner?" I asked.

"Oh please Cassian is driving me crazy!" Rhys exclaimed dramatically. Azriel smirked.

"Can't handle him can you?" Az asked. Rhys smiled.

"It would be much more enjoyable if you would join me in toying with him tonight," Rhys said. Azriel's eyes were glued on Nalé.

"She asked me to stay," Azriel said. I looked at Rhys shocked. And he returned the look.

"Then stay," he said. "And when she wakes up, tell her she can come. Dinner is in a couple of hours. Feyre will drop off some clothes. If she refuses, dinner will be sent to you, as always." I walked over to Azriel and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Take care of her," I said before turning to my mate and walking out with him. I closed the door behind us and walked down the hall with Rhys. "What should I give her to wear?" He shrugged. "I'll go find something," I said turning to go to my room but Rhys' voice stopped me.

"Feyre darling," he slurred. I turned to look at him. "Do I not get a kiss?" I smirked and rolled my eyes.

"Oh, you are insufferable!" I said before walking up to him and pecking him on the lips. Before I could escape he gripped my waist and continued to kiss me. I smiled at him before managing to get free and slipping into my rooms. I grabbed a loose sweater of beige from my closet along with a set of black pants. I walked back to Az's room and placed the clothes on the bed before telling him that I would hopefully see him in a bit. He nodded before I disappeared out the door again.

-----

My conscious had come back to me but I hadn't opened my eyes. The High Lady had just left. I felt the shadowsinger's eyes on me. Looking. Exploring. I slowly opened my eyes and stared straight into his hazel ones. He smiled slightly. He was still holding my hand. I gave him a smile in return. I sat up slowly, my head feeling clear again. His eyes assessed me. "I'm fine," I said softly. His assessing gaze did not retreat until he was certain everything was okay.

"The High Lord and Lady have invited you to dinner," he said while watching me. I was looking around the room. It was super tidy.

"I would've said yes if someone else had invited me," I said with a small smirk without looking at Az. Az was still holding my hand.

"Will- will you join me for dinner?" he asked quietly. He was nervous, I could tell. I smiled and turned to him.

"Of course," I said grinning. He smiled.

"It's nice to see you back to your old snappy habits," he said, standing up. I stood up as well and stumbled a bit. He caught me swiftly, letting me stabilise myself against him. He was warm and I leaned into him just a little without me knowing. I was wearing a dark blue nightgown that reached my mid-thighs. I felt exposed and my cheeks immediately flushed. Azriel placed a hand on my back and pointed at the clothes. "Feyre left them for you. You can use the bathing chamber to get ready," he said, now pointing at the room adjacent to this one. I stepped out of his arms and grabbed the clothes. I gave him a small smile before walking into the bathing chamber. I closed the door and admired the room.

The walls were a grey colour and there was a large pool in it that served as a bath. I turned on the water and stripped. It was almost instantly full. I climbed in and let the warm water surround me. I let out a sigh. I stayed in the bath for a good while before looking around for soap. There was only one soap smelling of cedar. I grabbed it and dunked it in the water before rubbing it between my hands. The soap spread onto my hands. I put it back in its stand before rubbing myself down with the soap. I washed it off and got out of the bath. I grabbed one of the black towels and wrapped myself in it. There was a knock at the door and I jumped. "Who is it?" I asked, pulling the towel tighter around me.