I need melatonin.

I get up from the bed and throw on some comfy shorts, a t-shirt that says "Andy's 21st birthday getting dicked down bash!", throwing on some complimentary slippers, I walk to the elevator.

After entering the elevator and pressing down to the lobby, I walk out to the front desk, asking if they have anything to help me go to sleep. "I'm sorry we don't give out any medication as a precaution, " the lady at the front desk explains. I nod and lazily walk over to the vending machines to get some almonds.

They have high doses of melatonin in them. A lot of things have melatonin. A lot of foods have them.

I'm pretty sure there was an article somewhere saying semen contains melatonin, along with it being a natural antidepressant- WHY AM I THINKING OF THIS.

I turn to sit down in one of the couches they have in the lobby when I see a figure lying across one deep in a book.

The Odyssey. Homer. Nice.

"I like your book choice, " I say to the man.

"thanks-" he looks up from his book.

"Dr. Spencer Reid, " I chuckle.

"Dr. Eden Ellis, " he responds, "what are you doing up?"

"I should ask you that, " I giggle. 

"couldn't sleep?" he asks.

"How do you know?" I respond.

I know it's obvious especially with my eye bags but it's fun to play with him.

"Wild guess, " he laughs.

Spencer moved his feet to the ground to allow me to sit by him.

"Why can't you sleep, if you don't mind me asking?" He asks.

"This case is a lot for a first. I just continue seeing Jascenia and continuing to think... What could I have done so she would still be alive, still be there for Willow."

"That happened to me early on. The nightmares. You get used to it even though no one should. Despite that sounding bad, " he snickers, "you also learn how to separate your feelings from this job."

"Yeah, I get that. I've seen a lot of death so it's not a first of that, " I replied, "Its just... Willow is young... And I felt like she needed to know that— that she isn't alone."

Spencer holds up his sweater paw and pats me on the back in comfort. I lightly laugh getting up, "There is a time for many words, and there is also a time for sleep."

Spencer chuckles, "Homer."

I wave goodbye before walking to the elevator. I pressed the button, waiting for the elevator, I took a final glance. Spencer is smiling at me. I mouth to him,

"Creeper, " with a smile.

He laughs before turning to his book, right as the elevator opens. I get up to my room and fall to mt bed, grinning to myself before closing my eyes, and falling into a deep sleep.

~

After getting dressed, I head to the jet, seeing the team all there. I sit on the couch with spencer sitting across from me, reading a different book.

Nicomachean Ethics.

Jeez, change of pace much?

I lightly chuckle before turning to my phone, glancing at any texts I've missed.

𝘼𝙣𝙙𝙮🍌

  Yᴇsᴛᴇʀᴅᴀʏ 10:06 am

𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖽 𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝗀𝗈𝗈𝖽 𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗄 𝖺𝗍 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗄 𝗒𝖾𝗍?