Kimblee

Separating from Ed and Al to go to a prison was hard, especially when they were going to be at my home, going through maps of the city. Riza drove them, taking them to our home, while Mustang and i get into his car, heading to the office.

"Why are we going to see Kimblee?" He puts the car in park as we practically leap out of the car.

"He has a stone."

"How do you know?" Bursting into the office, we find Havok, Fuery, Breda, and Falman picking up their tasks for the day, despite it being Sunday.

I wait until they leave, hiding my books in the couch cushions, my papers within other papers, and shuffling them into a neat pile that no one would question. I falter on the folder of Scar, remembering the pain but questioning his motives. "It makes sense. There are rumors, he was able to cause massive destruction. He killed everyone in his path, unless my theories are correct." I see the way he's looking at me, piecing things together. I point to the folder. "This Ishvalan survived. He performs Alchemy. He wants revenge. Against those who did away with his people. Now i know you were all following orders, just as I would have done. You were young then, same as me. But rumors have it that Kimblee enjoyed it." Even as I was training for my tests to become a state alchemist, I feared the day I would meet Kimblee.

'Who'd think that I would go to him?'

Roy is silent as i trace the picture of Scar with my metal finger, before reach to hold onto my shoulder. "What are you thinking, Emma?" His voice is careful, afraid he'll scare me off.

I look up meeting his eyes, small tears threatening to spill from my eyes. "That the man who tried to kill me may be innocent. That the little girl who got shot, was because someone was attempting to make a stone. And i think they succeeded."

I sniffle slightly, walking towards the door. "Coming, Roy?" He gives a slight nod before following behind me. We head straight to the prison from the office. Walking past guards, to Kimblee's cell, i falter in a step, Roy steadying me by the elbow. Roy says a few words, and the guards standing post nearby leave.

"Oh look here! Roy Mustang! Colonel now, I see. Congrats!" Kimblee says, moving towards the bars, his fists locked in chains. I smirk for a slit second, before my face returns to normal.

"Kimblee." Roy's voice is stiff, more stiff than I've ever heard it, and I've heard him speak to Fúrher Bradley bunches. Kimblee's seemingly red eyes find their way to me, and i hold myself from shrinking back in fear. He looks me up and down, no less than three times, and i swear I could hear Roy's teeth grinding against each other.

"Now, you must be the girl everyone's been talking about. The Fullwater Alchemist... weird pairing for you Roy. Isn't she a little young, too?" He sneers, looking at me as if hes a predator. I take a deep breath, stepping up close to the bars, grabbing his shirt front and pulling him towards me. 'Theres something hard in his shirt. Bingo.'

"Kimblee... I've heard stories about you." I say, pulling him even closer, his eyes widen at my bravery and strength. I feel Roy's presence behind me, reminding me of who I am, but giving me all the more reason to fight. "About how you demolished city blocks, buildings, and killed youre enemies."

His eyes flicker with something inhumane, and i hold back the urge to hit him. He seemed cocky, yet nervous of the fact that he's trapped. "I know how you did it." Hes eyes widen, sweat forming on his hairline.

"How do you know about that?"

"My brother's and I committed and unforgivable sin. Yet the answer we needed, has been in you're fucking pocket this whole time." I speak through gritten teeth. He gulps, as he recognizes the strength and feeling of my cold metal arm. "You have the answer of getting our bodies back. But if i try to take it from you, I'll be just like them and you'll whine for the guards. So I have a couple of questions."

I shove him back, and he stumbles, his face showing all of his surprise from this situation. I hear Roy chuckle behind me. Kimblee smiles at me. "Alright, girl. Ask away."

"Where'd you get the stone?" 

He thinks for a moment. "King Bradley." 

I grit my teeth, not believing his words. "Did you shoot the girl?" 

He pauses, looking at me. "No. A non-alchemist soldier shot the girl." I stare at him to continue. "I don't believe it was an accident, no. We both know how the stones are made, otherwise you wouldn't be here. As far as anyone is aware, there is no other way to produce a stone." I roll my eyes, lost in thought. Choosing my next question carefully, a glare falls upon my face, and his eyes widen slightly.

"Do you know of a man named Scar? He's Ishvalan, has been tracking down state alchemists." I see him think for a minute. "And dont lie. Ill know."

A minute more passes, and he snaps his fingers as the thought comes to him. "Yes, Scar. I managed to cut off one of his arms while destroying one of these city blocks." I narrow my eyes, imaging the man. "As I was told, his brother died for him. Transmuted his arm on the guy." He laughs, malice filling each bark. "The Rock-"

"Don't you dare talk about the Rockbells." I spit, malice dripping off my tongue. With my hands wrapping around the cell, water begins to flow beneath his feet, rising steadily. He scrambles onto his bed, one of the only pieces of furniture, as it begins to float in the ocean like waves my anger has created. Yet calm as I feel a hand land upon my shoulder, taking a sharp intake of breath as i realize what I had done. I walk away, letting the water follow behind me.

I don't stay to listen to either of their words, I just follow where my feet take me. All the way back to Roy's car.

It takes a minute for him to join me, but i couldn't care less. The tears were steady flowing as i realize that i had almost broke for a convict. He stands in front of me, as i search for something to ground onto, to bring me back, just as i had when Ed, Al, and I had discovered Shao Tucker's evil truth about what he did to his daughter.

I take an unsteady breath before looking at him, and he falters at the look in my eyes, before taking another step towards me. The tears still falling from my eyes, the fire lit in my eyes, fighting against the water in me. "Roy?"

He's inches away from me now, and i flinch visibly. He reaches out an arm, and i cower into myself. "Roy. Back up. Before i hurt you too." He continues closer, and i press myself against the car. Then suddenly he grabs my arm, pulling me against his chest.

"You won't."

And he let's me cry.