Suspicious Brothers

Wouldn't that bit with the alarm be funny if it had been a dream? Hehe. Hope things finally progressing with Roy and Emma gives everyone a little pinch of happy.

•••••

Roy helping put salve on my entire midriff was an experience if I had ever seen one before. So worried that he was going to hurt me in some way, while I was trying to not giggle because his light touches were tickling me, it took about thirty minutes to do. And considering it had to be done every four hours, the two interactions - while being exhausted during the second wake up time - were definitely something.

I wake for the last time, alone, my blankets neatly spread over me. Though memory puts them tossed over me hastily, pulled up to my shoulders, another pair of feet tangled in them. Different than I am now, though I could almost guess without thinking too much, drawing the conclusion that it most likely had something to do with the multiple voices coming from outside the door - which is mostly closed, only partially opened.

Using my crutches to walk, I slowly make my way out, the smell of eggs and bacon wafting in the open living area, I find Al sitting on the couch, watching something on TV. He doesn't notice me, and I take the chance to look over and find Roy cooking, his shoulders relaxed as he listens to Ed talk between chews. As if feeling my eyes on him, Roy looks my way, his eyes twinkling as he gives me a small smile.

"Good morning." His soft, thunder-y voice stops Ed's lightning energy as both my brothers turn to see me walking with my crutches. "Hungry?"

At his words, my stomach rumbles though I wince at its normal reaction. It was smaller and scarred after my body got destroyed by a rare type of alchemy. "Glad to see you got out of gluttony." I whisper as Ed tosses his arms carefully around me, trying not to jostle me by his movements. Though, quickly I push him away, anger returning. "Next time any of you decide to do anything stupid, dangerous, or irresponsible, I better be the first to know."

Ed, master of lightning whip responses. "It had nothing to do with you, best to keep you out of harms way."

Seething anger covers me as I throw down my crutches, I barely noticing Roy as he sets down pans and spatulas. Lifting up my shirt, I hear the gulps as they look at my ugly scars unbalanced for the first time. "Nothing to do with me? Nothing?! I was in the goddamn room, Edward! I wanted mom back just as bad as the two of you, and we all paid the price. You can't just cut me in and out of the deal whenever you want!"

"You gave up, Emma!" Hurt flashes across my face as he yells back at me, his eyes dark and alive with anger, with hatred. I couldnt recognize him like this. "Yeah, you went through to get the automail, you joined the military. But then you got a cushy office job, and friends. You healed. You gave up on us, and you gave up on mom. We never stopped trying, and you gave up!"

A slap resonates in the air, though even though I was the giver, I felt more pain than he did the combination of his and my own, a sob escapes through my teeth as Ed looks at me. "You LEFT me there. Practically on his doorstep." I motion to Roy, who has inched closer with every second, I now noticing Alphonse doing the same. "I spent day and night for months being alone, doing research for you, and for Al, and for mom. I didn't give up. But at some point, I learned to live with the pain, the differences, and balancing everything because you left me."

His eyes widen now, staring as my tears fall quickly, speaking slowly as i refuse to look at him. A door clicks open, Riza and Havok most likely. "You need to leave."

"Emma I didn-"

"Edward, she said you need to leave." Riza speaks from behind me, probably mentally freaking out over my bareness. My scars out for the world to see.

I feel Ed's lips press to my forehead before he walks away from me, I unable to look st him. The metal hands of Alphonse pull me in absoft, sideways hug, he unable to understand our anger. Only knowing that I need him to be with Ed, who cause himself to have no one, while I have many ones.

When the door begins to creak to a close, my breaths come out shakily, Roy catching my shaking body as I begin to tip over. My mind spins, unsure of what just happened. Unsure if that had been the right thing to do. And as the knob clicks back into place, the tears fall faster as I whisper out to them once more for a long time.

"Goodbye."

---------

Sorry that this chapter is filler! Trying to rewatch and still get out some content, but we'll be back to plot things soon!