Talk to Me

Towards the end of week one of a month long, at home recovery, Roy and Riza decided that it was probably best if Roy used some of his mountain of vacation time to be home with me. Which meant that he and I were going to have to work it out so we could talk for more than three minutes without running out of things to say. I couldn't stand almost two weeks stuck in silent except for when Riza was home, or Havok came to visit.

So at about eight o'clock Firday night, when Riza was getting ready to go out with Havok on their first official date, it left Roy and I alone. Putting my plan in motion, I wait about an hour in to her absence to get his attention, not wanting Riza to interrupt our conversation.

Grabbing a pen off of my table, I sitting on my bed with a mountain of blankets surrounding me, I throw it at him. His head sticking up over the back of the couch as he watched TV, just in view as I'd leaned over slightly.

"What, Emma?" His voice sends a shiver down my spine, his dark eyes hooded from this week's exhaustion, especially after our team had been split up. I was the only one not sent away, considering I was too damaged to do anything but paperwork for a long time. I pat the spot next to me, before watching his shoulders tense.

"Come on, Roy. We need to talk." As he turns at the sound of my words, peeking at me from over the couch where he had slouched, a sigh escapes his throat as he comes towards me. I couldnt imagine that he could move any slower, feet sliding across the hardwood in an attempt to slow himself down. Causing a glare to take over my face, I wanted for him to hurry.

I had a lot to say, despite the nerves chewing at my guts, them shocking my limps, immobilizing my brain into forming coherent thoughts. Still, my window was closing, and I hated wasting moments of opportunity - especially the window kind.

A scent washes over me, the smell of earth and mint covering me like a rare blanket, one that didn't need to be adjusted to reduce my heart rate into a calm beating. For a man who never went to anywhere uncivilized, his natural scent had a rather woodsy smell to it. I suddenly wasn't able to think let alone pronounce a single syllable, too strung out over the fact that hes so near.

Clearing his throat, he settling deeper into my surrounding pillows. I feel his emotions calm, his breathing become less tight. "Em?" Finding my blue walls to be rather comforting at this moment in time, I wait a few moments for him to speak even further. "I know you're mad, but w-"

"Im not mad, Roy. Disappointed, maybe. Why wouldn't you just tell me?" I think back to the moment I realized he lied to be again, to the moment his hand touched the phone, even back to Riza's request for leave. Why couldn't they trust me, include me in their plan? Was I just a little girl? Except, if that was the logic, than my siblings should have been kept out of the fight too.

A sigh escapes the lungs of Roy Mustang, as I feel his eyes run over my face carefully. Slowly, as if he didn't want to miss anything. "It actually wasn't my idea, though I admit, I would have preferred you just never knew about your brother's crazy idea." I perk up slightly, turning to find him closer than I thought he would be, though I only move by the raising of a singular eyebrow. "Fullmetal came to me, and made me promise not to involve you."

Anger has my nails digging into the blankets around me, frustration bleeding out of my every pore. Considering Ed told me this was all Roy - besides the plan to draw out the creature that later ate them - feelings of betrayal prick at my heart as I slump in place. Memories flash in my eyes, ones that were evidence of everything Ed had ruined since we joined the military; like when Roy let me rest against him and moments when I believed in myself, when I was confident with who I am.

"This is their fault." I mutter, leaning my head back against my headboard, fingers picking at a few strings that were coming lose from my blanket. The only thing I saved from home before they burned it to the ground despite my protests, the one thing I went back for. Mom made it for me, Dad picked the pattern.

And he would have let it burn.

A gasp fills me quickly, inflating my lungs with force as my eyes open with small tears as the memories keep coming. Flooding the spaces between Roy and I, lacing around our fingers. "He still blames me. For the transmutation going wrong."

Everything seemed to click into place, Roy listening intently to the girl's spinning gears as I attempted to form sentences. I could feel the anger flooding through him, not focused enough to decipher any of his thoughts no matter how loud they screamed.

As tears began to fall down my cheeks, realization covering me just like one of the thick blankets around me. Knowing that after all this time, they blamed me for their failure. I am drawn out of my self pity only by the feel of a hand on my arm, the movement of Roy pulling himself closer to me, his arms folding themselves around me.

"Roy?" I ask, a whisper between my tears. Feeling his heart beat against me, I am acutely aware of the fact that he manages to move around my bandaged leg. He doesn't respond, just lays his head atop of mine while I cry. Though they soon become just silent tears, sniffles, as I try to talk to him again. "Roy. Don't you remember last time we were caught like this?"

A chuckle causes his body to vibrate, lightening his mood in sync with mine. "Yes, but I don't think your brother's could just barge into our home. Unless you gave them a key, but I think it'd be unwise of them to do so." It takes him a moment for him to settle his chuckles and violent thoughts, confusing me as I look deeper into his memories.

"They do have a key." I mumble, allowing my feelings to calm, anger still relevant to the time. But I had gotten caught up in it, in the feelings I had towards the other two boys, Roy being innocent in this situation. My voice is clear as I speak to him next, "I doubt they'll use it though. They didn't come see me in the hospital anyway."

As true as it was, as I slowly drifted off to sleep, relaxed in Roy's arms, a feeling crept over me slowly.

One that I purposely chose to ignore.

~~~~~

A/N woooowwww it's been a long time. I keep rewriting and rewriting, flipping between stories because I have just no inspiration lately.

Can't guarantee a soon update, but It'll be sooner than this one...

Probably