One Year Later

3rd Person P.O.V

An older girl moves to prepare coffee, as the door opens behind her, and she glances at the resting girl with golden hair, who is unfazed, before looking to the door.

"Morning, Hawkeye. Where is-" The black haired man stops midsentence, his previously narrowed eyes taking in the slumbering girl, who nonetheless should have gotten more sleep at Riza and her apartment. "Whats this?"

Riza smiles at his gentle tone, adding two spoons of sugar to the purple cup next to her, before adding one spoon to the black one. She moves precisely, handing him the black mug, and setting the purple one in front of the sleeping girl, noticing the little bit of drool that had escaped. "Its four am, Mustang."

He seems confused, so she continues, unaware of the hungry ears of the half awake girl on the desk. "She stays up most of the night doing work for you or continuing her research about her brother's body."

The tension in the room grows, as Roy visibly flinches, and Emma becomes more aware than ever about the automail parts of her. She stirs slightly, letting Hawkeye know she can hear everything.

"I had a thought, Mustang. How would you feel to attend a dinner with us and the Elric boys?"

Emma's P.O.V

I about jump out of my skin as she says this, speaking of a dinner I have no idea about. I tune out, knowing I have no way of fighting her on this, instead focusing on the smell of coffee.

"When will dinner be?" I hear the scraping of Mustang's chair, its old wheels protesting against the movement. Making a mental note to do something about it, i put use the new found abilities only Riza and Ed knows about to test the room.

Riza, biting back her laughs, answers his question as she dials the buttons on the phone. She is laid back, teasing in her mannerisms, and suspicious of why i am not just announcing my awakeness. Mustang is nervous, sready in his movements though, and his thoughts are somewhere else. Unreachable, as if the ones he is having is being locked away into a box, but i pick my name out of the secrets.

Sighing as I hear Riza talking to Ed and Al on the phone, I raise up my head, groggy from the twenty minute nap I had gotten. Moving my eyes, a blank expression set in stone, i meet the slightly warmer than usual eyes of Mustang.

"Glad you could join us, Fullwater." He says gently, and i raise a singular eyebrow, questioning his tone. Clearing his throat, he shuffles a couple of papers as Riza finishes her call to my brothers. I look at her, taking in her smile as she puts puzzle pieces together in her head, secrets that I am unable to reach.

"Dinner tonight, our apartment." My eyes widen, as I imagine Roy in our small aparentment eating dinner that would most likely be prepared right before he arrives, still cooking as he takes his seat. I picture him sitting on one of the floor pillows in regular clothes as Al takes up most of the couch, Ed and I in the barely separated kitchen with Riza, going over research, taking notes and cooking at the same time. I try to think of him as a laughing and smiling person, but it doesn't connect within my brain cells.

"Sounds wonderful." He says, as the door opens, my brothers standing in the space between, staring at me as I take a sip of the coffee in my hands. Ed looks at me carefully, taking in the baggy eyes and the bruises that show on my midriff as I stand hastily to hug Al.

"Con. Mustang? May i borrow my sister for a moment?" Ed says, his voice as deadly serious and sad as the day they met. Riza looks at me sadly, knowing that today's meeting was involving the attack from last night, and she speaks before anyone else.

"Why don't you two join us for our meeting? All your questions will be answered." I nod, hoping they will stay. With reluctance, they agree, and i walk to the couch, folding the black and white patterned blanket Riza had placed upon my shoulders. Hiding it behind the couch, I turn to see Riza adjusting four chairs instead of three around Roy's desk, and his eyes watching me in question.