Prologue

Hero's POV:
I've always wanted to be a self-confident person, confident enough to live experiences without letting myself get carried away by my emotions. I want to face things head on because insecurities risk bringing us the things we care about most. Yet I am still a human being. And I can't help but feeling nervous and excited about this new adventure.

Playing "Hardin Scott" in the new movie "After" will allow me to show my skills and enter the world I've always wanted to be a part of. So I get off the uber, nervously pulling my hair under a black hat.
Shit, I need to calm down. It's gonna be okay.

I enter the hotel lobby looking for Anna, the producers and my co-star. I don't know much about her and even if I don't show it, I like to study people, to know what they think and why they do what they do. Maybe I'm a bit of a private person because I prefer to peer into people with my eyes. I notice every detail, every movement. Especially if people make me curious.

Never mind, I just need to stop overthinking.
And i really stop thinking when I meet those damned blue-gray eyes. Not damned, beautiful. But dangerous.
I can feel the power of those eyes, I immediately get chills. And I end up wondering what intrigues me so much about that girl.
Then i realize: she's Josephine Langford.

I immediately settle down, still baffled by the thoughts that wandered in my mind a few moments ago. What the hell was I thinking?
"Hey, nice to meet you, I'm Josephine" she says while smiling and shaking my hand. I like her smile. She has a nice smile.
"Hi, nice to meet you Josephine, I'm He-"
"You're Hero, aren't you?" I'm about to answer her when we get interrupted by Anna.
"Hi Hero, are you okay?" Anna asks me. And at the same time I realize that I'm sweating and looking at her crooked.
Fuck, I knew it.
"Yes, I am...okay. Just really excited for tonight." I say, taking another look at Josephine.
She gives me another smile, my heart beats strong and I'm convinced that it's only from anxiety, excitement because of the strong warmth that emanates from the blonde girl in front of me.
I want to make a good impression so I decide to smile back, but she has already turned around.

I'd like to make her smile, I say to myself.
Maybe we've got enough time to look at each other. I'd like to know what's hidden inside of her sweet eyes.. Fuck it, I'm overthinking again.
And I couldn't have known that she would have fucked up my brain exactly from this moment.
The best things happen over time. But what about the worst things?