Chapter.24.1-The Storm(part 1)

This is unedited.

I had to break the chapter into parts then break those parts into parts becuase it was too long. This first one just about reached 10,000 words.  I don't want to force my readers to sit down for an hour to just read one chapter. 

Since I really wanted the chapters to end on Chapter.25, the split parts are going to be labeled as :

Chapter.(Chapter #).(Peice #)-(Name of Chapter)(Part #)

Casting Effectiveness has been changed to Support Effectiveness. It was pointed out that Casting includes an extremely wide area. Support Effectiveness makes more sense because most things that will benefit from it are supportive abilities/spells.

An oddity I had noticed during out trip is that my ability, [Gambler], stopped working. I'm not quite sure what happened, but every time I try to use it, I get an error message. I wish I could figure it out..

"How can we be expected to charge into the port without proper protection!?" I tune back into the meeting to one of the human captains yelling out in a rage.

The Queen quickly responds with exasperation. "If the plan goes well, you won't need protection. We will have a stealthy approach and the enemy troops will be disorganized."

This so-called 'Strategy Meeting' had turned into a complaining session almost as soon as it began. When we first walked into the dedicated meeting room aboard the Iadine, I was extremely surprised. It is so simple for a royal meeting room. Granted, it is on a ship, so it makes sense that the room wasn't anything too complicated.

The room essentially had one large circular wood table in the middle. Around it were about twenty chairs. There was nothing else in the room aside from lanterns hanging off of the walls. Me and Queen Ysifel were the first in the room. I wanted to be dark and mysterious when we first met the raid captains, so I had sat in a chair without moving. I also pulled my cloak extremely tight around me so that almost nothing of me would be seen except the cloak. The only thing that could be seen was my Emulate perching on my shoulder. It was in the form of a fox this time.

The other captains were mainly elves, but there were a few humans. Most of them had on a set uniform of green and silver [Steel Leaf Armor], the elven specialty armor. The Queen wore a gold and black variant of [Steel Leaf Armor]. I, personally, disagreed with their choice of wardrobe. It made them stand out too much; however, I did not say a thing. It was their funeral for wearing something flashy to a battle. Anyone that knows anything about America's Revolutionary War can attest to the fact that fancy uniforms made it all the easier to assassinate the leaders.

"How do we even know if this will work? I can't just steer my ship into a port that could fully well be a trap!" The same annoying human shouts.

The Queen smiles coldly at the man, "You are mistaken. These are all my ships."

The human shudders for a second as he hears the Queen's icy voice. Now, without a proper reason to continue fighting, he turns to me. He yells at me with all his built up rage. "You! In the cloak! You haven't contributed anything at all so far! You aren't even a captain! Say something you useless freeloader!"

The Queen had previously told me that if anyone questioned me, I have the authority to do whatever I want. I plan to take advantage of that fact. "Oh? Are you questioning me? I don't have time to answer insignificant flies. Now be a good pest and shoo!"

Did his eyes just glaze over with red?"How dare you! Do you know who I am? I am a captain of the Royal Armade! Who are you to talk down to me!?" Oh good, he is standing up now!