Chapter.9-The Voyage(part 1)

Once the rowboat reaches the top deck of the large vessel, I can see dozens of crew members all looking over at us with hope in their eyes. Most of them are elves and there are a few humans mixed in. Surprisingly, the humans do not show any signs of slavery nor do they look mistreated. I guess the elves know the saying of 'an eye for an eye turns the whole world blind'.

Directly where we would get off of the boat is a group of three elves. One elf has on a pirate hat, he smells a little like saltwater, one has a full set of armor, he reeks of citrus, and the last seems to be wearing a cloak covering everything but his face, he does not have a scent of anything.

And then time catches back up with me. Most of the crew's expression changes to confusion as they see a wolf in the boat. The three closest to me, showing their higher levels, all draw various weapons at me. I leap off the side of the rowboat onto the main vessel and start growling at the three as I wait for my companions. None of them go to strike at me instantly, keeping ready but not entirely hostile. I slowly move to the side, still keeping my eyes on the three as I move so that Delphine and Ugrask can board the boat.

{Ding! Elven Captain(lvl:51)

Defense: Level difference too high!

Health: Level difference too high!

Attack: Level difference too high!

Description: You are a piece of calamari to this guy!}

{Ding! Elven Knight(lvl:53)

Defense: Level difference too high!

Health: Level difference too high!

Attack: Level difference too high!

Description: I liked comparing you to food! To this guy, you are nothing but a granola bar.}

{Ding! Elven Rogue(lvl:54)

Defense: Level difference too high!

Health: Level difference too high!

Attack: Level difference too high!

Description: What do rogues eat? I got it! To him, you are nothing more than a weakly poisoned soup.}

If a fight ends up breaking out, I will definitely die. I knew I shouldn't have taken this dumb quest.

"Everyone, put your weapons away. This wolf is an ally." Princess Ilway's voice calls out from behind me. I glance quickly over and see her being helped out of the rowboat by Delphine and Ugrask. The three still look wary, but they sheath their weapons. I look past them and see the crew having relieved expressions before they start cheering.

{Ding! Quest: The Heist of Jud-

I hide the quest. I will look at it later along with the rest of my other notifications. I turn my attention back to the elves.

"Princess Ilway is back!"

"Praise the heavens!"

"Thank the gods!"

The princess walks over to the three stooges in front of me. On cue, as if just remembering that they are in front of royalty, all the crew that can drop to their knees and kneel before the princess. I say all that can because there are two or three that are up on the masts tying ropes and setting the sails.

"Up! Up!" Princess Ilway motions up to the crew to stand. "If anything, I should be kneeling to you, my saviors."She announces to the crew before talking quieter to the three elves in front of me as the elves return to their various jobs. "Captain, Resald, Teras, is there somewhere we can go to speak quietly?" Ah, so the knight's name is Resald and the rogue's name is Teras. The princess seems to be unfamiliar with the captain, so I am guessing she has never met him before.