Chapter.16-Combat? Please?

Once all was said and done, I played for the princess before leaving. The Red Eagles know most of what happened now except for my two forms, my ears, and my tail. Deciding that it is too late to go to the tavern, I use my bedroom in the palace to sleep. I use [Shift] and sleep in my wolf form.

I wake up bright and early. As I stretch my wolf form out, I receive a notification.

{Ding! Ability: [Gambler] is ready to be used!}

I smile slightly as I activate the ability, hoping for something good or sellable.

{Ding! Item: [Exquisite Diamond Ring(blue)] received!

Effect: Increases charisma of wearer by three points.

Description: Diamonds are a girl's best friend! Or so I am told... I don't have any friends... or a gender... this sucks...}

I let out a small squeal of excitement. My squeal isn't for the diamond ring, but the effect. This is the second time I have pulled something useful! Maybe, with enough tries, I can pull out a spaceship! The only problem is that now, since I pulled something good, the next item will suck.

{Ding! Skill: [Prediction(lvl:3)] Level up!}

I still don't get the point of [Prediction], but I might as well level it up. This skill didn't even show during my seven years. Maybe it exists now because I actually am here. Also, since I slept, all of my statuses are back at max.

I realize I have a problem. My inventory is full. I have thirty arrows, the [Mask of the Wolf Queen], the [Elven Recurve Bow], the golden pass, the bag/satchel filled with coins, my lute, and the [Steel Sword].

Using [Shift], I quickly clothe myself before pulling out the satchel and dumping all of its contents into my inventory. Since the bag is filled with only coins, my inventory easily takes it all. In fact, the only reason I could store the full bag is because it only has coins. If there were other items, I wouldn't have been able to store it at the Mercenaries' Guild Tavern.

I then pull out my sword and put it in the sheath that is on the bag. I will probably never use the close weapon, but that doesn't mean I won't need it. I also store the pass inside the bag. My hands don't pull out the mask, bow, arrows, and lute. That leaves three spots left to use.

Looking at the interface, I see that I have eight gold coins, two hundred thirty-three silver coins, and four hundred fifty-one copper coins. That should be able to keep me going for a while at least.

While my preparing has been peaceful, I have been incredibly bored this entire time. I need combat! It's an instinctual gamer instinct to want to take a mallet- arrow in my case- and smash it into a FUBAR person's face. It is made worse by my wolf like instinct to dominate and attack my foes!

This leaves me with two options, try to find a mercenary party to join, or go off on my own in hunt of monsters. I personally prefer the latter, but I think I will choose the first. I'm not quite strong enough to stand on my own two feet yet. Singing with the lute, I quickly cast [Disguise Self] as I wake my way to the door.

My feet seem to automatically make their way back through the city to the Mercenaries' Guild Tavern. It isn't long before my vision is filled with the large tree. It missed my notice the first time, but the tavern is called "Watering Hole of the Crazed".

Opening up the door and entering, my ears are assaulted with cheers at my arrival. My hands wave as a smile finds itself on my face. I walk towards the bartender, saying hello to the people who try to talk to me.

The bartender smiles broadly at me, "I must thank you miss, my profits jumped by 500% last night. It is true what they say, a bard is a bar's best friend. What can I get for you?"