Chapter 13: Three Companies Conflict

A/N: Sorry it's been so longs since I last updated. I needed to take a break because school was overwhelming. We have the words administrator ever who can't even tell left from right. Kids have been getting sick quickly because their precautions have not been working., to absolutely no one's surprise. Thankfully I'm all remote, but that has it's own problems. I'm doing classes on three separate platforms and I needed a few weeks to get used to that. I want to thank you all for being so patients and awesome. Hope y'all are staying safe!

Narumi's POV

Atsushi and I walked through the door in the Agency that separates the main office area from the infirmary hall and President's office. Kyouka stood up from the chair she was waiting in and turned to us. Atsushi was holding an envelope in his right hand and a taser in his left as we walked up to her.

"Sorry to keep you waiting," Atsushi told her.

"We got you a case," I smiled.

"Before that, though, here's a taser," Atsushi told her, holding it out to her. Kyouka said nothing as she took the taser from Atsushi's hand with both of her hands. "The Port Mafia's after you, too. We wanted you to have it for self-defense. Well, I don't think you'll be in any danger this time, though."

"What kind of job is it?" Kyouka asked.

"You have to deliver this envelope with evidence to a judge in court," Atsushi told her, holding the envelope in his right hand up to his chest."

"And this is the judge," I smiled, holding up a picture of the judge in my right hand.

"Got it," she said, staring at the picture in my hand. "I've memorized his face."

"You're really into this," Atsushi said. "Is it because it'll be your first job?" I put the picture away again.

"No," She said, looking away. "My first job was to infiltrate a building and kill two people."

*I see, * Atsushi thought. *She's always been working. * We thought back to when Aku told us that Kyouka's ability is a killing ability and that she supposedly only has worth when she's killing people.

"I'll do my best," she told us. I smiled and nodded. We left the Agency and made our way to the courthouse.

When we got there, I was surprised by how many people were there. Kyouka went ahead while Atsushi and I stayed back to let her have a chance to do this job on her own. But when she went to go up the stairs to the Judge's office a security guard stopped her.

"We can't go in?" Kyouka asked the guard that stopped her.

"You need a permit," the man said.

"But it's almost time," Kyouka told him.

"Please sign in on that form and wait until you're called," the guard said, gesturing to his left.

"But it's almost time," Kyouka repeated.

"Sorry, it's the rules," he said. Kyouka came back over to us.

"What should we do, Atsushi?" I asked, looking up at him. "Should we call the judge so he can clear things up?"

"I can try," he said. He pulled out his phone and dialed the judge's number. The phone rang for a bit as I peeked around the corner watching the guard and for any sign of the judge. "Nope, the judge isn't picking up," he said as he hung up. "I guess there was some miscommunication. We have to do something about the guard."

"You mean get rid of him?" Kyouka asked, tilting her head.

"Huh?" Atsushi and I both asked in surprise. Kyouka weirdly bent her knees, pulling back the hem of her kimono to reveal her legs a bit.