Chapter 29-Not What It Looks Like

August 31st 2021
Isabella's POV
I just got home from school. I decided to quit cheerleading. And I cut off all of my school friends because they became toxic. But like that's fine. Hehe. So anyways, I just got home from school. I run upstairs to immediately start on my homework. It's 3:30pm and I only have 3 subjects. Thank god. Usually I have homework in every single subject. But not today. Yay!
When I'm finished with my homework, it's 5:00pm. And that's when Quinton comes into my room and says, "Get ready. We're all going to the Hype House for a party." "Really?" I ask, exasperated. Quinton nods. "Fine," I say rolling my eyes. I go over to my closet to pick out an outfit.
This is what I end up wearing:

And then I head to the bathroom to curl my hair

And then I head to the bathroom to curl my hair. When I'm finished with picking an outfit and doing my hair, it's 6pm. "Izzy! You ready?" Jaden calls up. "Almost!" I respond. "Hurry up!" he says. I quickly do some light makeup. And then I grab my purse and go downstairs.
"Took you long enough," Noah says. "Well I need at least an hour to get ready," I protest. "Teenage girls," Anthony says, rolling his eyes. That leads to me hitting him lightly. And as we're walking out of the house, we start arguing. But Jaden quickly gets in between us and says, "Alright. That's enough." I then stick my tongue out at Anthony. And then Jaden strictly says, "Isabella. Enough." And then I stop as we pile into the cars. Griffin, Josh, Jaden, Anthony, and I in Josh's car. Bryce, Kio, Blake, Noah, and Quinton in Bryce's car.
It takes us about 40 minutes to get there.

By the time we get to the Hype House, there are already a lot of people. Before any of the boys can tell me what to do and what not to do, I go straight in and find Avani. I find her by the drinks with Kouvr, Dixie, Charli, and Addison. As soon as I join the girls and we all greet each other, Avani says, "Well I'm gonna go find Anthony if anyone needs me." And then she leaves. And then, Alex comes and pins Kouvr against the wall and they start making out. And that's when Dixie says, "Okay. Charli. Izzy. Let's go upstairs." The three of us immediately go upstairs to Dixie's room. But then, Noah comes in. Charli and I know exactly where that's heading. So we go next door to her room and we play truth or dare. At first it's just normal. But after about 30 minutes, it gets interesting. "Truth or dare?" Charli asks me. "Dare," I say. "Give me the best one you can think of." "Okay," Charli says. "I dare you to shotgun a beer." "Okay," I say with a smirk on my face. I go downstairs and come back up with a beer. I immediately start shotgunning it. I finish it in under 6 seconds. "Damn," Charli says. "That's impressive." "I beat Bryce's record multiple times," I boast. And then the dares return back to normal. And then we get bored of truth or dare so we head back downstairs.
And that's when I run into Owen. I grab his hand and pull him into a closet. "Owen. What are you doing at this party?" I ask. "Thomas Petrou invited me," Owen. "Why?" I scoff. Owen decides to go with a sarcastic response and says, "Because he's my cousin." Now I'm shocked. How could he not tell me that Thomas Petrou was his cousin?!? "Oh," I say. "Cool." And then Owen and I go out of the closet and we just talk.

1am...
Isabella's POV
Owen and I are still talking. But I'm starting to get a little tired. So I just slowly drift off to sleep. With my head on Owen's shoulder.

Owen's POV
It's 1am. I've been talking to Bella for a long time. And she's getting kinda tired. She eventually falls asleep with her head on my shoulder. I lay my head on top of hers. And I kiss the top of her head. In a friendly way though. Because I have matured a lot since 8th grade. So I don't think much of it. But then I see her boyfriend, Quinton, giving me a death stare. And then he goes upstairs. Well he's pissed.

Jaden's POV
It's 1:30am now. So I think us people of Sway need to start to head home. Bryce and I meet up and start gathering all the Sway people. The only people left are Isabella and Quinton. I find Isabella asleep in the couch with...the last person I want to see. Owen. I clench my jaw. And my whole body tenses. I just get in defence mode. As I walk up to them, Bella starts to wake up. I take her hand and help her up. And then, she goes to find Quinton.

Quinton's POV
"I love you so much Cynthia. You're so beautiful and amazing." I say. And then we go in for a kiss. But it doesn't last long. "QUINTON?!" Cynthia and I immediately stop what we're doing. And just my luck, Isabella is standing in the doorway. "It isn't what it looks like," I say panicked. "Really?" she says. "Because to me it looks like you're rebounding back to Cynthia." And she just runs back downstairs. I put my clothes back on and go after Bella.

The Next Day...
"Bella. I'm..." I begin. "But Bella just says, "No." All day I try to apologize to her. But she just keeps ignoring me.

She keeps this up all week. But on Saturday, I finally get a chance to explain myself.

Jaden's POV
As soon as my alarm goes off at 9am, I go to Bella's room and try and wake her up. At first she ignores me. But then she says, "What do you want?" "Please give Quinton a chance to tell you what happened," I say. "No," she says. "Bella. If you don't give him a chance to explain himself, then I'll send you back home," I threaten. "Good," she says. "I won't have to see Quinton ever again." "Okay Izzy," I sigh. "I'm forcing you to talk to Quinton." And then I holler, "Plan B!" All the boys come in and hold Isabella down. Last but not least, Quinton comes in. "Bella. I'm really sorry. What you saw was not what it looked like." Isabella doesn't say anything. But I yell, "TALK!" She flinches and says, "Quinton! It was exactly what it looked like. You rebounded to Cynthia!" "Yeah well you were with your EX! YOUR EX! YOU HOOKED UP WITH YOUR EX!" Quinton yells. "I didn't kiss him though. We were just asleep next to each other. Both times. We never kissed." "Actually you did. TikTok Room posted it. And then you ran away for a week," Quinton points out. "We weren't even dating yet!" I protest. "Yeah but it was still wrong! I'm surprised that you're not pregnant yet. Because after all, your legs are open 24/7 like McDonalds," "FUCK YOU QUINTON!" I yell. And then I get out of the boys' grips. I roll off the bed and I tackle Quinton to the ground and start beating him up. But he quickly gains the upper hand in the fight. Jaden and Blake split us up. Quinton tries to lunge at me while in Blake'a grip but Kio stops him. As Quinton is being escorted out of my room, I yell, "WE ARE DONE QUINTON! FUCKING DONE!" "GOOD RIDDANCE!" he yells back.