Chapter 14-The Nightmare

1 Month Later...
It's now September 4th. A month into school. I've learned to navigate my way around LA so I won't have any more moments where I get lost. The teachers are strict. They give out way too much homework. And we have cheerleading after school everyday of the week. So I can't catch a break. Payton and I have decided to just be friends. Nothing more. Nothing less. But fans are speculating that we're back together because we posted some videos of us together. Besides, the spark is gone between us. He's moved on and so have I. Oh, I've also learned to not lock people in my basement for 3 hours!

That Night...
It's 11pm and the boys and I are still up. We're just listening to music. Jaden looks at his phone and says, "You should get to sleep Bella." "Noooo," I complain. "I'm not tired." Josh says, "You might not be tired but we're going to the hype house tomorrow. So we have a big day ahead of us." "Fine. I'll go to bed," I grumble. And then I head upstairs.

3am...
⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️
I wake up and it's really day time. Huh. That was a good night sleep. I go downstairs and I see my ex. Owen. "Owen? W-what are y-you doing here?" I ask trembling in fear. "Oh it's simple Bella boo. I came here to see you," he says with a smirk on his face. "Yeah. No thanks. I'm gonna go get my brother," I say turning him down. I go to find Jaden but Owen is in Jaden's room. "Weren't you just downstairs?" I question. I look for the other boys but everywhere I go, Owen is there. Smiling creepily. I eventually give up and go downstairs where I see the boys. "Thank god," I say, breathing a sigh of relief. But then they turn around, every single one of them is Owen. They start walking towards me. I slowly back up. They all start circling around me. Multiplying. Smiling and repeating, "I'm back." over and over again. All I can do is scream.

Blake's POV
It's 3:30am. I woke up to go to the bathroom. But as I'm going back to my room, I hear someone screaming for help. I stop and listen for another scream. It's Bella. I immediately rush to her room. I find her sitting up in her bed. Screaming for help. I bring her onto my lap. That's when I notice that her eyes are still closed. But she's screaming for help. I comfort her until she stops screaming. Now she's just crying. I watch as she stands up and goes to the wall. She pounds her fist on the wall. And then she starts to hit her head on the wall. I try to drag her away from the wall but she somehow weighs like a million pounds.

Jaden's POV
I'm just peacefully sleeping. And then I wake up with a start. I hear pounding on the other side of my wall. Bella. I run into her room. I find her hitting her head against the wall. Blake is trying to drag her away from the wall but he's struggling. "I don't know what to do," Blake says in panic. I look at Blake and say, "Blake. Go back to sleep. I'll handle this." Blake leaves. I pry Bella away from the wall and she slumps into my arms and starts crying. I comfort her. She eventually calms down. I breathe a sigh of relief. But I decide to stay in Bella's room for the rest of the night.
⚠️END OF TRIGGER WARNING⚠️

8am...
Bella's alarm goes off. I go over to her phone to shut it off. She slowly sits up. "What are you doing in my room Jaden?" she asks. I say, "Well, you had a nightmare. I thought those were gone." "They did go away. I went to therapy for 6 months," Bella says defensively. "Do you remember what the nightmare was about?" I ask. "So in the dream, I had just woken up and when I went downstairs, I saw Owen. So I went to look for you but Owen was there again. I looked for the rest of the boys but Owen was always there. So I gave up and went back downstairs where I finally thought I was safe. But it was just clones of Owen. And they kept multiplying and circling me repeating, "I'm back." over and over again." By the end of it, Bella's crying. "Bella. Hey. Don't cry," I say softly. I hug her. She hugs me back. We hug until she stops crying. She looks up at me and says, "You're the best big brother ever." "Awww. Thanks. I try to be," I say smiling a little.