Chapter 5-The Date

The Next Morning...
I wake up at 9am. "What do I have to do today?" I think to myself. Eh. I'll remember at some point. I go into my bathroom and start getting ready for the day. I head downstairs in a pink checkered Cara skirt and a white Hailie top from Brandy Melville. As I'm heading downstairs, I ponder over if I should do my hair. I make the decision to do it after breakfast. When I go into the kitchen, everyone is eating breakfast. Usually, all the boys would be doing different activities. Some would be making TikToks. Some would be eating breakfast. Some would even be doing nothing. So all the boys together eating breakfast is a sight to behold. I open the freezer and spot Eggo Waffles. I take out 2 and put them in the toaster. While I'm waiting, I overhear them discussing about what they should do today. But none of them come up with anything. "Hey Bella. What do you suggest we do today?" Blake asks me. I'm about to suggest something and that's when it hits me. My date with Payton. It's either ditch Payton for these guys or ditch these guys for Payton. "Owwww! My arm hurtssss! I don't think I can do anything today because of how badly it hurts!" I say dramatically. "Alright. Go upstairs and rest," Jaden says slightly concerned. I go upstairs holding my arm and whimpering the whole way upstairs." Once I get to my room, I close my door and go to my bathroom to do my hair and makeup.

By the time I'm finished with my hair and makeup, it's 10:30am. And the house is silent. I put on my white vans, grab my purse, phone, and keys, and go downstairs.

But...I get stopped by Kio just as I'm about to step out the door. "Kio? I thought you and the boys went out." I say surprised. "The boys went out. I decided to stay and look after you. Now just where do you think you're going?" he says with suspicion. "I'm going to see a friend," I lie. "I don't buy it. This is only your 4th day in LA. And I thought you couldn't do anything because your arm was hurting." Kio says with a serious expression on his face. "Fine. I'm going to meet Payton," I confess. "Awww. Are you guys together?" Kio teases. "We're making it official today. Now can I go?" I say, getting aggravated. "Yes," Kio says letting me go. "Great thanks. Don't tell Jaden or the other boys," I call out as I'm walking out the door.

I check the time. 10:40am. I'm gonna be late. I run to the park. I spot Payton sitting on a bench. He's on his phone. I go up to him. "Hey stranger," I say happily. He looks up from his phone and smiles as he says, "Good to see you Bella." He stands up and takes my hand. We start walking. "Sorry I'm late," I say with an apologetic look. "It's okay," he says still smiling. "So where are we going?" I ask, changing the subject. He pulls out a blindfold and puts it on me. He guides me all the way to our destination.

"You can take the blindfold off now," I hear Payton say. I take off the blindfold and we're in front of In N Out. I squeal with excitement. "You seriously brought me to In N Out?!?" I gasp. Payton gives me a toothy smile. We go in and sit down.

After In N Out, we go to the beach and take some pictures together. We walk along the beach for a bit. We watch the waves go back and forth. And then, I hear my phone ring. I take it out. It's Jaden. I pick up.

Start of the call
Me: Hey Jaden.
Jaden: Don't 'Hey Jaden' me! Where the hell are you?!?
Me: At the beach with Payton
Jaden: Come. Home. Now.
End of the call

"Who was that?" Payton asks. "Jaden. He wants me home," I sulk. "Want me to walk you home?" Payton offers. "No. I'm alright," I say assuringly. "Okay," he says with a wavering voice. And then I head back to the Sway House. Although I forget which direction I went in. Was it left or right? I think it was left.

I'm now in an empty alley. "I don't remember this. And it looks sketchy. Hopefully nothing goes wrong," I think to myself. Unfortunately, I spoke too soon. Because as I'm almost through the alley, a guy approaches me. I slowly back myself into a corner where the man corners me and approaches me. Well I'm dumb. I just trapped myself. The man walks towards me. As he gets closer, I smell alcohol in his breath. "Well hello pretty lady," he slurs. "How you doing today?" he asks getting closer. I don't answer. I just stare at the empty beer bottle in his hand. "Answer me baby," he says softly. I don't do anything except sink into the corner to expect the worst. And then, someone yells, "HEY! GET AWAY FROM HER!" It's Payton. The man looks at Payton. And then, throws his beer bottle at me before making his escape. The bottle shatters against the wall. Glass flying all over the place. One of them hitting my face. Payton takes my hand and walks me back home.

We're by the front door. Looking into each other's eyes. "Thanks for saving me back there," I say hugging him. And then, something happens. Payton and I kiss. A feeling of warmth and excitement rushes through me. It's slow. And passionate. And then, we pull away from each other. "Are we official?" I ask. "Yes. Yes we are. Well, I better get going," he says smiling down at me. As soon as he leaves, I walk in. And everyone is looking at me. Pissed. Well shit.