Chapter 22-Babied

My alarm goes off the next morning. I roll over to turn it off. And then, Jaden jumps out of nowhere saying, "Morning Isabella!" really energetically. It scares me so much that I scream and fall off my bed. I stand up and yell, "JADEN! WHAT THE FUCK?!?" "What? What did I do?" he asks looking confused. "GIVING ME A HUGE FUCKING JUMP SCARE IS WHAT YOU DID!" I yell. "Sorry," he says smiling sheepishly. I proceed to hop over to my crutches. And then I start to walk out to go downstairs. But Jaden carries me downstairs. And then he feeds me toast. And then, he carries me back to my room and puts me back in my bed. He puts my leg on some pillows so that it's elevated. And then he says, "So the boys and I are gonna go out. But Josh offered to stay and look after you. If you need anything, ask Josh for help. You are not to get out of this bed little missy. Understand?" I slowly nod. He gives me a hug and kisses me on the forehead. And then he leaves. Not even closing my door.

The whole day, I stay in bed. Josh checks up on me frequently throughout the day. One day in and I hate this. Worst babysitter so far.

Day 2
I still hate this. Today, Anthony looked after me which isn't that bad. He went out and bought me candy. He let me out of bed but made it seem like I was in my bed the whole time when the boys arrived. Best babysitter so far.

Days 3-7
Quinton takes me to school. My friends help me carry my books. I sit out of cheerleading. Quinton takes me home.

Day 8
Blake babysits me today. He invites Amelie over and they take shifts. Blake for an hour. Amelie for an hour. Not the best. But not the worst.

Day 9
Noah's taking care of me today. He gave me the freedom to do whatever I wanted. So I declared myself The Queen of Sway and made Becky-beck go to and get me whatever I wanted. Now he's the best babysitter so far. But sadly, he got in trouble...

Days 10-14
Same routine as last week.

Day 15
It's now March 13, 2021. Bryce's turn to babysit me. As soon as the boys leave, Bryce calls me downstairs. I come downstairs as fast as my crutches can take me. When I get downstairs, Bryce says, "I'm going out in 5 minutes to meet Addison. Call me if you need anything." I say, "Bryce. You're supposed to be taking care of me. Not ditching me." "I think we both know that you hate the weekend babysitting. You're almost 15. And a broken bone isn't that bad," Bryce whispers. "Oh yeah. Kay byeeee," I say shoving him out the door.
I lie down on the couch for about an hour. And then, I do the unthinkable. I text my ex, Owen.

Start of text conversation
Me: Hi.
Owen🤬: Hi.
Me: How are you?
Owen🤬: Good. You?
Me: I'm good.
Owen🤬: So what do you want?
Me: I need some company.
Owen🤬: Why not ask someone?
Me: I'm asking you! Idiot🙄
Owen🤬: Oh. You want me to come to the Sway House? What about the boys?
Me: They're out. Bryce was supposed to babysit me today but he ditched me for Addison.
Owen🤬: Okay. I'll come over.
End of text conversation

It's now 2pm. All of a sudden, I hear a knock at the door. That must be Owen. I make my way over to the front door and open it. Owen comes in. I close the door behind him. "So...what should we do?" Owen asks awkwardly. I go into the kitchen, and come back with two cans of White Claw. We sit down on the couch and I pull out 2 vapes. I give one to him. "Bella. Are you sure we should be doing this?" Owen asks, looking a little uncomfortable. "Owen. We don't have any rules. Since when did you turn into Mr Nice Guy?" I say, rolling my eyes. "Juvie changed me," Owen says.

4pm
We're now drunk. We decided that the vapes were not a good idea so I put them back in my pocket. "Hey Bella?" Owen says slowly. "Yeah?" I ask. "Is the room spinning for you?" he asks. "Yeah," I whisper. "Maybe we should go upstairs," I suggest. But before we can even do that, Bryce comes in....