42

MAHIRA

I was left speechless when I heard the real story.My mom...she dint give birth to me?She is not my biological mother?

No...this can't happen.I collapsed on the couch and looked at Yuvi and Vishi with tear filled eyes.

"It's true Mahira..Bela..she is..she is not your biological mother.She is your mother's sister",Yuvi said sitting beside me.

"Though she is not your biological mother..you are more than her own kid Mahira,you gave her another life",Vishi said rubbing my back.

"See this picture...this is Bani babhi,not Bela.That was the first and last time she held you",Yuvi said showing the picture.

Bani...Bani Mahir Sehgal is my mom!!My dad loved them both,they three suffered a lot.My heart clenched after listening to their complicated love story.

The sacrifices made by each one is incomparable.My biological mother died for giving birth to me,my dad married mom for me and my mom...she suffered the most.

Her unconditional love for my dad is very pure,my dad's love for them was confusing for him.But I'm no where near them,they three sacrificed a lot for each other.

My mom sacrificed her love for her sister,my birth mother sacrificed herself for me,to get them close..my dad endured a lot of pain from loosing his mother to his wife.

All three were messed up...I dint knew I'm the reason for their togetherness today.No..I'm not,it's their unconditional love for each other..I'm...I'm just a small part of it.

"Bela and Mahir never wanted to tell you this because...you may hate Bela..after knowing that she is not your mother.But we couldn't stand when you accused Mahir for cheating on her",Vishi said helding my hand,tears were unstoppable in my eyes.

"So that means...my mom..she..is..she is not my mom?"I asked feeling defeated.

"It's nothing like that Mahira...she is your mom..your mom only",Yuvi said hugging me.

I sobbed in his chest,I can't take this.Anything but not this.She is my mom..my mother I've seen since childhood.

"Ayaan..he is my brother...my little brother..he is mom's son...but I'm not her daughter",I cried.

"Mahira..it's nothing like that baby..Bela loves you like her own.She would have not survived if you were not there in her life",Vishi said hugging me.

They told me how my parents met,how my mom loved him,my dad marrying my birth mother,her journal,my mom's life in London..everything.

"Bela,Mahir and Bani di...all three faced the toughest phase in their life Mahira,we all saw their pain.You came like a hope in their life",Vishi said hugging me tight.

They told me about the promise my parents gave to my birth mother when she was on her death bed.I'm feeling heavy suddenly..this all..it's too much for me to take in.

My dad loved them like a kind man with being completely loyal,and I accused him today?

I still remember my childhood days,my dad and mom used to be so close..making me jealous.I dint know there was a story behind their togetherness.I remember their wedding,I was there on their wedding.I used to think that my parents got married twice for me to see,but no...they got married for the second time out of love.

There was no love when they both got married for the first time!!

They faced a difficult situation,my mom..she thought to end her life?She loves my dad so much.

"I want to go home Vishi..I won't do anything stupid,I just want to go home",I said taking that album.

They nodded and dropped me at my home.I need to talk to my parents..my dad especially.I've hurted him...how could I do that?