Chapter 7

Mackenzie P.O.V
I finally made it to Paris and I didn't argue with Isabelle, because I'm more mature than that and I might have slept the whole ride. I was at the baggage claim and than I was tackled to the floor literally by my best friend Mia. She shouted at the top of her lungs "My best friend is back from America bitches." That was the most embarrassing and funniest thing that she has said since our last day together. We hugged the life out of each other, and I now realized how much I missed her when she finally let me go. I got all my suitcases and followed Mia. We were in the car a few minutes from the pack house, and we talked about everything.

We finally made it to the pack house and it is huge. It looks like the mansion I used to live back in the California, Mia and I got out of the car and went inside with my bags. The Alpha was in front of the door waiting for me to be greeted. While Mia and him were talking I got the chance the check him out, and he was the definition of hot. He has dark brown hair and Ocean blue eyes that you can get lost into. His voice brought me out of my trance and damn his voice is so hot and raspy. "What?" I said "Are you done checking me out." He said with a smirk. "My name is Adam and I am the Alpha of dark blood pack." He said and then just stared at me as if waiting for something. Than I realized that he was waiting for me to introduce myself. "Oh sorry my name is Mackenzie Falls, and thank you for letting me stay and join your pack."

Adam smiled and said "No problem Mia told me what happened, and I am truly sorry for you." He looked at me with a saddened look on his face, thinking I would break from his words. But I didn't because I already cried all the tears out and than he said. "My mate did the same and she left with someone else so I know what it's like, and if you need anything or someone to talk to you can always come to me.

I was so happy that I met Adam and that I had Mia with me, because it's been a few weeks I've been here and we all have gotten even more close. The first day I was here everyone made me feel at home and they're all so nice to me also. I made a lot of friends and I feel great. I forgot about Mark most of the time, but he's always on my mind. I can't forget about what happened between us, he was my everything and now I bet I mean nothing to him. Now I'm doing it again, thinking about Mark. I wish I can just forget and be happy for once, and forget about Mark but it's so hard.

Now I'm going to Adam's office because Adam said there was an emergency. I knocked on his door and I heard a muffle come in."Hey Mackenzie we need to talk." He sounded serious, so I sat down in the chair near his desk where he was seated. " Your mate Mark is coming in two days he's doing a world wide search now, he's trying to find you. I'm so sorry but I wanted to tell you right after he called, which was just a few minutes ago. I was shocked, I didn't want him to find me. My wolf on the other hand is excited, I just wanted to cry and scream. Then I said "What
No he can't find me, I don't want to go back I love it here, and he hurt me." There was sadness in my voice and a tear fell down my cheek remembering everything that happened. I hated when I cried, it makes me look weak so I wiped the tear away. Then an idea popped up and I said. " I have a idea we can do a makeover on me so I look like a different person, and we can use a potion to make my scent different so he wouldn't know it's me."

He thought about for a few minutes and said "Alright just be careful because I love you." Then he looked shocked that he said that, he then did an awkward cough saying. "I mean we all love you and just be careful okay?" "I'm going to tell the pack, pack meeting in a couple of minutes." I just nodded and left his office. That was awkward I mean Adam is amazing but I think he likes me. I only like him as a brother even though he is handsome, funny, only a year older, amazing to be around with, and so much more. But why would he like me I'm collateral damage? I don't understand maybe I'm over reading this I don't know. I'll talk to Mia about this later, now I just need to find a seat for the pack meeting.