Chapter 14

Mackenzie P.O.V
I woke up from my comfy bed to feel that the other side is empty as usual. I hate this feeling like I was all alone in the world, where no one understood my pain and how I'm struggling. I don't even think that anybody cares. Is it bad that I still feel like I'm missing something really important to me, and I think it might be Mark. Yeah I know he hurt me by cheating on me, but I missed the old him. When we would go on dates he would always hold my hand, hug me, and kiss me like I was the most precious thing in the world. Now everything that happened to us meant nothing to him. I was just another toy he could play with and when he was bored he would break me.

I don't even know why I'm thinking about him. Why am I thinking about the times that will never happen again. Why am I making myself go through this pain all over again just by thinking of him. His name makes me cry, even though I acted tough in front of him I felt like dying in the inside. I just miss the old Mark. Again I'm nothing to him while he's everything to me. Why can't I have a normal loving mate not a cheating asshole. I'm not going to be those cliche girls who would take the rejection back and hug him with open arms. I'm going to stick to my word and never let him in like before.

If someone would ask if I would take him back I would say no, once a cheater always a cheater. Plus it wouldn't feel the same if I took him back. The hands he once held mine with, also touched another girl that wasn't me. I must be crazy, bipolar, or it's the babies making me feel like this. I just don't know I still feel like there's the mate bond, like it wasn't broken. I don't want to feel like this all lonely and empty inside. I don't know if I can even go on, but I know I have to for my pups. Maybe it's just a phase that you go through when you're pregnant, yeah that's it just my hormones.

I finally decided to stop thinking about these thoughts and to get ready for a pack meeting. Alpha Adam has some news about the future Luna, I just hope that Adam and his mate will be okay. I should also check on Brandon I haven't talked to him for a while. After the meeting I'll check up on him.

I went to go get ready, my bump is finally showing its been two months and I'm suppose to give birth in 2 more months. For alpha females we give birth 4 months earlier then normal wolves and humans. I'm so excited to see my pups, maybe they will see their father and we could sort all of this out. I just wished everything was normal with my mate. I mean ex mate but I still feel the bond. What does all this mean, I'll just ask the elders when I have time. Right now I need to go to the meeting.