Chapter 16

Mackenzie's P.O.V.

I didn't know what to say. Everything is going way too fast and complicated. The pros into saying yes were to let my children have a father in their lives and for Mark to finally be in the family. The cons were that the war was coming soon, and I would have to worry about Angel, but I would also have to worry about having my heart broken all over again. What if Mark was lying to me again and had a plan to take my babies away from me. Not only would he have taken my heart but my life to because my beautiful angels were the reason why I'm still living to this day. I can't have my heartbroken all over again, I just can't.

Present time with Mark in his office still Mackenzie's P.O.V.

"I don't know Mark, I mean this is way too complicated to grasp and its just to early to restart this relationship. I don't want to get hurt and I don't want the kids to be too attached and than be disappointed that the relationship wouldn't work out. I don't want to get hurt again; maybe we can be friends but you have to earn my trust back first. Than maybe the relationship will progress into something more. Because right now its just to difficult and the timing isn't right just yet. Just know that I didn't say no to your request and that its just  a maybe. I'm sorry to say this but our relationship needs to be put on pause and focus more on this war and Angel. So what do you say?"

There was a moment of silence ands it was sort of getting awkward. I understand that he's trying to digest all of this as much as I am so I wait. After what seemed to be forever when in reality it was probably twenty minuets he finally said.

"I understand where you're coming from and I totally agree. Just know that I'm going to still make you love me again even if it means death. I'm not giving up on us, you and our children mean a lot to me and for you to not reject me and still give me a chance to at least be friends with you is incredible. You are a strong, beautiful, independent she wolf I've ever known. You are truly a Luna. Even though I don't deserve you; I still want to thank you for accepting me and at least like I said giving me a chance. I won't let you and our family down; not now and never again." 

After he said that I couldn't believe it. He was so understanding and I never would've thought in a million years that we would be where we are today. A few years ago I wouldn't even have thought of accepting him and giving him another chance, or to even explain what happened. I just hope I won't get my heart broken all over again just for him. Maybe we could be more once he wins my trust and heart again, also we could start all over and have the perfect family that I've always dreamed of. I have to stop giving myself false hope. Lets all just hope that I've made the right decision.

Hey guys I know it's been forever and I'm so sorry. I know I say sorry too much in my a/n but I truly am, its just that I've been having writers block and I didn't have as much passion as I used to writing this story. Also I've notice I've been making a bunch of excuses so again I'm sorry. I wanted to thank you all for being patient with me and for helping get this story up to 72K. You don't know how much that even means to me so thank you. Hopefully I can finish this book and write more, I also hope you enjoyed this chapter even though it was too short but its just a filler. To get rid of the cliffhanger. Again thank you all and sorry again.