"I promise that was all that happened. I wouldn't take advantage of you, Michael. Ever," her eyes held truth and for some reason I believed her right off the bat.

I nodded, watching her climb inside after a wave, then I got inside of my car. Bill quickly drove off and onto the streets.

"Please take me back to Ana's. I need to talk to her and apologize," I said, leaning my head back.

"Oh, I was already on my way there. Since you didn't consult with us on where you were going after the party, I had to lie and say that we took you back home. So she's not only going to be mad at you, she's going to be mad at me! Apologize to me too, Joker."

"I'm sorry," I pouted. "Forgive me."

Bill shook his head. "Just don't let it happen again."

"I won't."

When we arrived in front of Ana's house, I could already see her and Angel sitting outside talking together. From what I could tell from here, the conversation was serious.

"No need to prolong it," Bill said as if he was reading my mind. "Call if you need me to pick you up."

I nodded, grabbing my mask just in case there were lingering neighbors outside and opened the car door. "Stay close for now. I don't know how angry she is with me."

That made Bill laugh. "Noted."

After both feet were on the curb, Bill drove off. I wasted no time heading towards the porch. With each step I took, I could hear what they were talking about.

"... what to do. I thought we were in love — no I know we're in love," Angel said. "He just has a hard time showing it."

Ana looked forward and finally our eyes had met. I gave her somber eyes, basically saying that I apologize but all she could do was shake her head slightly. It was as if she was saying 'not now'. I was completely fine with that. No one had to know about this slight issue.

So with that being said, I placed a kiss on her head, waved hello to Angel, and welcomed myself inside of the house. Miss Jolene and Harry weren't around so it was easier to dodge them and to keep them from seeing that I had the same clothing on from last night.

Once I got inside Ana's room, I kicked off my shoes and grabbed the spare clothing that I'd secretly left inside of her closet to take a long shower. I had no idea how this discussion would go, but I hoped and prayed that we would be able to move pass it.

———

Temple City, Californa

Annalisa Green -- February 25th, 1993
Location: 1341 Evergreen St