Chapter 8: Sick

Y/n sniffed and blew her nose as the threw the tissue in the overly full trash can.

She had gotten sick from the storm, unlike Killua, who she was trying to protect from getting wet and sick.

He was also banned from entering her room in case for him to get sick, so he was bored without his best friend. 

So he had a paper cup phone connected by strings that went under the door for him to talk with the female when he could, but most of the day for him was to 'make up the amount of training you lost' when he was with Y/n.

The only people who were really allowed inside were the butlers and Illumi.

The butlers mostly came to bring the female food or check on her temperature, while Illumi came now and again to check on her.

Y/n sneezed as she closed her book, since she finished it.

"Bless you." Illumi told the female as he had entered the room. 

"Thank you Illumi..." She said as she sniffed, grabbing another tissue. Illumi sat on the bed and placed his hand on her forehead to check her temperature.

"You're hot." He said as he noticed the stack of books next to the female's bed, some of them contained information about nen, while others were just stories or some sort of book she would find interesting.

"You're learning nen?" Illumi looked at the female who jumped a bit. She nodded slightly. 

"Yeah, I've started to meditate so i can open my aura nodes..." She said softly, as she took another book from the pile.

"I can teach you." She looked at the male and smiled. 

"Thank you Illumi, but I don't want to be a problem so I'm teaching myself."

"It's fine, when you're not sick we can start." Illumi said, trying to make it so the female realizes that he WANTS to teach her.

"If you're sure about it, then okay..." She replied softly and smiled a bit. She sneezed, making Illumi say bless you to her.

It was quiet except for the female sometimes coughing and sneezing.

"You should get some rest." Illumi said and slowly pecked the female on her forehead as he left the room, leaving the female to blush lightly at the small affection.

She smiled a bit. "Thank you Illumi..."