I looked down at the waters and was enchanted by it's gloomy hues and dark waves, reminding me of the Black Lake that Hogwarts stood on.

I used to stay at the common rooms for hours, just staring out of the window and admiring the creatures that swam by. I would give anything to do it all over again, to change my decisions that day.

I wish I had a reason to stay when I was called over during the war.

By this time, the sun was out and I could feel another migraine coming. I knew I would lose consciousness and possibly fall into the water, but I didn't panic and I didn't care.

That was until I heard a sudden ruckus from behind me, overpowering even the sounds of the lively city. I was startled and it snapped me out of my thoughts. And so I gripped tighter on the rails and kept my balance, fear washing over me.

       I thought he had come back for me.

But as I turned, I saw a rather tiny girl that seemed my age, staring at me with her dark brown eyes as her eyebrows furrowed in shock.

     The sun had hit her eyes just right, turning them gold, glowing. I found myself stunned, admittedly.

      She had long raven hair that the wind played with and light tan skin that the sun made warmer. She stood next to a bike that was too big for her with rolls of fabric that laid messily on the concrete.

The wind that played with her hair came towards me, carrying her scent.

Green apples.

"Hey!" She yelled.

------------------------------------------------------------
Tala. 367 days after the Battle of Hogwarts.

A wet tongue painted my face, forcing me to leave my dreams so suddenly.

"Oh, Leonardo Dicaprio," I grinned with my eyes still shut. "You're so naughty."

Yawns and groans escaped my lips as my body stretched in strange positions on my bed. And as I opened my eyes, I saw my yorkie Bruno panting on top of me, licking my face once more.

"Aw gross." I pushed him off of me playfully, wiping dog saliva off my nose with the collar of my shirt.

I tickled and gave his white fur kisses before noticing the bandages that my arms were wrapped in. They were ripping and bleeding through, I must've fallen asleep and forgot to change them last night.

What a pleasant thing to wake up to.

I noticed how unusually bright it was outside, and so panic washed over me as I reached over for my alarm. The time read 9 o'clock and I could already hear Miss Green screaming, throwing her coffee at me as I tried to shield myself with rolls of fabric.

I groaned into my pillow, regretting the long shift at the restaurant and my apprenticeship at the dress shop.

Trust me, I'd rather throw myself off of a roof rather than working just to take care of myself.

      But it's not like I could do anything about it.

My foster mom was still cashing in the checks that were meant for me and I needed the money, but at least she never hit me like the last one.

I was counting down the days for when I turned 18, the best revenge I had for her was for the checks to stop coming in.

Well — months, I'm a Scorpio you know.