Food posion -Mitch/Kirstie

(This is set about Five moths after the 'seizure' chapter)

Life seemed to be going well for Kirstie. She had managed to get both of her best friends to accept her, even with her medical condition, and even if they could baby her at times at least they still loved her. She'd even just started to see someone, the cute doctor that had to meet her at such a vulnerable moment. It had only been a few dates, though, so she was trying her best not to get her hopes up. After all, she'd dated Jeremy for almost three years only to get dumped and find out that her friends always hated him anyway.

It was kind of handy dating an emergency room doctor because she had a weak immune system, and knew that he wouldn't worry like the boys do, and could always help her. And she'd help him with whatever he needed, like a perfect match.

She had stopped for lunch with Mitch the day before, getting to talk to him. It was nice, and she had to make sure that he had nothing against Avi. She couldn't be with someone her friends didn't like again, it hadn't gone well before. Now, she got to hang out with the group, the first time her and Avi would be hanging out as a couple with the others. She would have to do her best for Kevin to like her, and him the superfruit duo, neither of which had talked to the emergency room doctors since she left the hospital two months ago. She was beyond nervous, what if the boys didn't like Avi anymore? What if Kevin didn't think she was good enough for his best friend?

She'd knocked on her bestfriends' door, having agreed they'd drive her since she couldn't take herself. "Mitchie?" She asked softly. He still hasn't left his room. It was unlike him to be up after Scott. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." he mumbled, sitting up. She sat on his bed next to him and let him lean on her.

"You don't look fine." she told him. He'd been her best friend for as long as she could remember.

"I feel a bit ill but I'll be fine. It's probably just the late nights catching up with me." he told her. She sighed, stroking his bed hair out of his face.

"If you say so Mitchie." she said. "Scott told me to tell you we're leaving in ten minutes." She hadn't mentioned her queasy stomach to either of them, she was just nervous.

"Okay, I'll be ready. I promise." He assured, so she left him to get dressed, and they eventually did pile into Scott's car. Mitch slept the entire time in the car, which was unlike him, but they would only be hanging out at Avi and Kevin's apartment, so she decided it would be fine if he needs to leave to go home early. Her best friend was way too stubborn for that, though.

She had been the one to knock, relieved when she saw Avi's smiling face. That was starting to become a new comfort item of hers. He pulled her into a tight hug, almost squeezing her hard enough she thought she would explode, and then let her go to shake hands with her friends.

"Mitch, are you alright?" Avi asked, frowning slightly. He seemed pale, and of course, he was trained to notice things like that.

"Fine." he mumbled, shaking Avi's and Kevin's hand. Avi dropped it and led them inside and through to the garden, where he'd set up the outside table for a lunch in the garden. He knew that Kirstie found the trees and flowers almost therapeutic, and had even done a lot of the gardening with him. He loved dating someone who loved nature as much as he did.

Kirstie was playing with her fingers nervously, already feeling as though something was going to go wrong today. Luckily, Mitch had taken one of her hands in his to calm her down, so she took a deep breath and looked up as Kevin and Scott were engaged in a very emphatic conversation. She glanced over at Avi, meeting his eyes and then looking away with a blush. They were still in a bit of an awkward beginning stage of their relationship, especially with other people around.