Gastroparesis-Kirstie

The PTX world tour was on its way through the US, and would soon be on its track for Europe! With everyone always being so close together, all four boys packed in a dressing room, all five packed into one tour bus, it seems realistic to be told they had an argument every morning, but definitely not something like this. 

"I'm not going to wake her up! I did it yesterday, and I'm pretty sure that's the worst I've ever seen her." Scott argued with the three men in front of him, smiling when their faces dropped. He had clearly won 'not it' for the day. After back and forth for a few minutes between the other, they had volunteered Avi to go as a group, much to his dismay. It did make sense, as he was clearly the calmest, and knew exactly what to say to make her smile. 

"Fine." Avi sighed quietly, moving towards her bunk, closed off with a curtain for privacy. The male gently knocked on the wood beside the bed, hearing a tired groan leave the girl's lips. 

"Hey, Kirstie." He spoke softly, "we gotta get up for the day, alright?" 

Kirstin nodded, despite the fact he couldn't see her, and squeezed her eyes shut. The room looked like it was spinning, and she didn't feel like she could get up. Avi pulled the curtain back after a moment with no response, frowning at the sight. 

"Aw, Kirst. I know you don't feel good." He cooed, "let's get you your meds and see if you can eat a little bit, alright?" The bass compromised, getting an affirmative hum in response, as the woman knew she would likely vomit when opening her mouth to speak. 

"Can you stand by yourself?" He asked, earning a nod. Once she felt she was clear enough to stand up, she realized the fault in her decision, as the spinning room made her trip over her own two feet. Avi caught her quickly, securing an arm around her waist to help her stand without crashing down. 

"Woah, I got you." He mumbled in shock when she fell, "it's all good." 

The woman frowned, upset that he had to do this for her. She was trying her best to do what she could on her own so that she didn't have to bother her bandmates, but it seemed like he wouldn't let that be an option after seeing her knees buckle so quickly like that. Avi helped her into the bathroom, finding the medicine she needed to take, and filling the glass he had previously gotten from the kitchen and handed it to her. She gingerly took the water from him, taking the pills as instructed. 

Once they had managed to get her to the table, Kevin was carefully cleaning out her feeding tube. Kirstie pouted at the mere sight of the feeding tube, she hated having to do it. It took so much longer than the boys had to eat, and she always felt like she was slowing everyone down. It hurt even more to know that's exactly what she was doing.

"Ready, Kirst?" Kevin asked, getting a reluctant nod. Avi noticed her silent frustration, and came up beside her, gently taking her hand in his. 

"You know we'll sit with you, Kit." He reassured her. Kirstin nodded, she did know that, but that was what she wanted to avoid. She was tired of always keeping them from doing things they wanted to do. Scott could be with Mark right now in the hotel room he had rented since they were close to his hometown, or Kevin could be FaceTiming Leigh to work out the details of their wedding, but instead, they were all surrounded around her because she couldn't eat the way everyone else does.

Mitch lifted the bottom of her T-shirt, holding it up for Kevin to connect the tube to her stomach. While it did take up a bit more space than a feeding tube connected through her nose, it was easier to hide from the fans, and she just wasn't quite ready to share this with them yet. They'd probably voice all of her opinions of being obsolete to her bandmates, realizing how little they really needed her. Out of all the things Kirstie would give away, her family wasn't something she ever wanted to lose.