Lymphoma-Kirstie pt. two

Kirstie smiled, holding Avi's hand in her own. They were heading to a doctor's appointment to assess her condition, and he seemed even more nervous than she was. 

"Av, calm down." She looked up at her partner, "It's all gonna work out in the end." She promised him. 

"I know, I know, I'm just worried about you." He explained, "We thought you were getting better last time and then you had that big relapse." He let out a shaky sigh. That was by far one of the worst days of his life. One minute, she was getting better, laughing at one of his usual bad jokes, the next she was bent over a bucket, throwing up until she was too weak to even sit up. They had to rush her to the hospital, and since then, he's barely ever let her out of his sight. 

Luckily, they had a much better experience this go around. She had already taken the tests that morning, and they went out for lunch to wait for the results. It seemed Kirstin was a lot calmer than Avi was with what the results will be, as she had been through the waiting for results many more times than he had. Once they were in the office with her doctor, they braced themselves for the news. 

"Well, luckily, Kirstin's been doing much better. Her tests all show her results have significantly improved." He explained to the couple, smiling at the looks of shock and pure joy they wore. 

"So, I'm gonna get get better?" She asked, still unsure if she had heard him correctly. The doctor nodded, smiling at the looks of shock and pure joy they wore. After explaining the next steps of treatment, he gave the couple a moment alone. 

Smiling down at her, he leaned down to kiss her lips softly. 

"You're getting better." He said, smiling like a goofball, "It's all gonna be okay."

The other three had made a big deal as soon as Avi texted them. They planned a small celebration, just the five of them, to celebrate her improvement. After all, it wasn't everyday they got good news like this. 

True to their word, Kirstin and Avi arrived to a tastefully decorated home, most likely Kevin's work, as he was the most organized. She smiled at what he had done, everything done in her favorite colors. There were glasses set out and the table for the boys, knowing that she couldn't drink on chemo, instead, they had an array of non-alcoholic drinks for her to choose from.

"This is amazing, guys." She smiled at her friends, who all returned full grins. 

"Anything for you Kirst." Scott smiled at his friend, "I'm just so happy you're getting better." 

That's how the evening started, everyone drinking and laughing, having the time of their lives with karaoke and boardgames none of them really cared about. Kirstin's stomach started churning, making her frown at first. She ignored the pain she heat rising to her cheeks, so that she didn't ruin the night for the others. Luckily for her, they were all a bit drunk, so she was able to slip away without detection. 

She found herself in the bathroom, her stomach lurching forward as she emptied her stomach. It took a solid fifteen minutes after she was sure nothing else would come up to have clear enough vision to stand. She found her way to her bedroom, deciding it was most likely something she could sleep off. 

It didn't seem to be the case, as the next morning, Avi found her asleep in their bed. 

"Kirst?" He whispered, unsure if she was awake or not. She only answered him with a whimper, shifting uncomfortably. 

"That doesn't sound good." He mumbled, moving to sit next to her. He kissed her forehead, half out of love and half checking for a fever. She was burning up, whimpering in pain. 

"Kirstie, what hurts, baby?" He asked her quietly, he knew she was awake despite her eyes being screwed shut. "I need you to tell me, alright?"

Sighing, she managed to mumbled out "Stomach, neck, head." She answered him, shivering, despite her high temperature.