Appendicitis- Kirstin

Request from QfortheUinn

As soon as she woke up, Kirstie could tell today would not be a good day. Her stomach was churning, and she immediately had to turn back over in bed to block out the light and try to ignore it all. 

Eventually, she forced herself to sit up to try and get ready for school, but sitting up only made her feel worse. She immediately had to wrap her arms around her lower stomach to try to fight a sharp pain in her lower stomach. Maybe today wouldn't be the relaxing Friday she was hoping for. 

She ignored it, pushing herself to get dressed for the day and head into the kitchen to greet her mom and step-dad, as well as see what they wanted her to do about her stomach pain. She shuffled into the room, a bit confused when she could hear voices when coming down the hallway. They usually had pretty quiet mornings, it was hard to find something to talk about when they'd only been apart to rest. 

She stopped in the open doorway, observing her parents speak to a familiar deep-voiced man. She smiled, not wanting to interrupt the flow of the conversation, but Avi had spotted her before she could turn away and immediately pulled the smaller girl into a hug, lifting her off the ground slightly. 

The girl squealed slightly, smiling at her older brother. "Hey, Avi." She greeted him once he'd put her back down. She was truly excited to see him, since she didn't see him as much anymore. They were about six years apart, Avi being in his last year of university, so he was almost never home anymore.  

"Hey, Kirst." He chuckled softly, stepping back so that she could enter the kitchen. She listened to the group talk, deciding not to mention her stomach pain anymore. It would only ruin the family moment. She was always a quiet person, so having Avi home, with his adventures from University to talk about, was wonderful to her.

"Well, it's amazing to have you home, Avi. We were actually planning on leaving this afternoon for a small weekend trip together." Michael started, a small smile on his face, though it fades slightly as he thought. "Will you be alright staying here, just you and Kirstie? I'm sure we could push it back to next weekend if needed." 

"Oh, no, it's fine. I really don't mind." Avi assured them, while Kirstin checked the time. She quickly pecked both of her parents on the cheek and made her way out of the door to the bus stop where she'd meet Scott. 

"Hey, Kirst." Scott greeted his best friend with a smile. It fades when he noticed she didn't look quite like herself. He'd always envied her for how much of a morning person she was, but she seemed completely out of it today. "Are you alright?" He asked in concern. 

"Don't worry, Scotty. I'm okay." She gave him a small smile. She knew about his anxiety, he would get himself worked up over it if she told him about her stomach ache, and she didn't want that, so she did her best not to look like she was in pain and ignore the sharp pain stabbing her lower right abdomen. 

It seemed to be going well for the most part, they met up with Mitch in homeroom, which they luckily shared, and got through the day until around third period, her next class with both of the boys.

Whatever was making her feel so sick was beginning to hit her harder now, she felt her skin start to heat up and get flushed as the pain got worse, spreading to her mid-abdomen as well. 

"Kit, are you sure you're okay? You don't look too good." Mitch asked her softly, seeing her flushed cheeks. The girl quickly nodded, mumbling a soft, "I'm fine." 

The two boys could tell that wasn't true, though. Kirstie had been their best friend since elementary school, they knew when she was okay, and she definitely wasn't. She was definitely uneasy, and felt her stomach lurch and have her lean over her knees, but nothing came up yet.