Seizure-Kirstie pt.1

Kirstin smiled to herself, trudging down the path at her own pace. It was a peaceful day in the park, and she was excited to have the peace and quiet to herself. Well, she wasn't completely alone, as she had her service dog, Olaf, by her side. Taking out her phone, she sent a quick text to her two best friends to see if they'd meet her at the park. Of course, the two agreed. 

She brushed a bit of fur onto Olaf's vest, showing those around he was a service dog. Kirstin hadn't really told her two closest friends of her condition. Instead, she passed her service dog off as a pet around them in fear of judgement. She knew that they were accepting, but couldn't shake the feeling that they'd look at her differently. 

She also pulled her sleeve down over her medical alert bracelet, so that they didn’t see it. It just made sense that to be herself around them, they didn't need to know. It was honestly a miracle they hadn't figured it out by now.

"Hey, Girl!" Scott called from behind her, Mitch in his tracks. She smiled up at her two friends, inviting them to sit next to her as they began a small conversation. Kirstin smiled at her friends, ignoring the headache that was beginning to develop, just behind her eyes. It was getting worse, to the point she felt she couldn't blink without making it a thousand times worse. Her hand flew to clutch her head in pain. 

"You okay, Kirst?" Mitch turned his attention to his friend. He called his friend, but she gave no response, seemingly out of it. 

"Kit-Kat?" Scott called to her once more, but she still didn't reply. The surrounding area of the park looked weird, fuzzy almost. Sadly, she knew exactly what was coming. Her dog worked up, seemingly aware of it all as well. The crisp, clean air had an odd hint of some sort of musk she couldn't identify. The two boys were obviously worried, unsure of what was happening to their friend. Somehow, they'd never seen her like this, at least to this extent. Kirstin was usually able to excuse herself and leave before it got this bad. 

She felt herself lose control of her body, tensing up before she began to jerk uncontrollably. It started it in her arms and legs, sliding off the bench and onto the ground where Scott was able to catch her and ease her onto the ground, until her entire body was out of control. Olaf jumped into action, placing a paw on either side of her head to stabilize her through the experience. Her eyes finally rolled back as she began to fully seize. Scott and Mitch were both panicking at this point. What was happening to their friend? What was Olaf doing? What were they supposed to do? They'd never seen her like this, and it was scary. 

"I'm calling an ambulance." Scott suddenly snapped out of his daze, grabbing his phone. It was then they were approached by two men across the park. 

"Do you guys know what's going on with her?" The first man asked, his brown eyes unphased by what was going on. He was way too calm for a situation like this. 

"No." Mitch was only able to force out the one word at first. "We're calling an am-ambulance." His voice cracked, tears in his eyes as he saw the girl he saw as a sister jerk uncontrollably Infront of his very eyes, and he had no idea what to do. 

The man beside him assessed everything quickly. The two were a bit too distracted by it all to notice the medical scrubs they had on, having just left the hospital near by to find a bite to eat. 

"She has a service dog. Epilepsy?" He suggested, his voice abnormally low. His coworker nodded. A few huffs of air were heard before Kirstin stopped inhaling air. 

"She's not breathing." Mitch gasped, tears streaming his face by now. 

"Mitchie, calm down. The ambulance is gonna be here really soon." Scott soothed his friend. He couldn't handle a seizure and a panic attack at the same time.