Hide it- Kirstie

A/N- This was a request. It's not identical to the real situation, but it has some similar counterparts. Also, all of my requests have been for Kirstie. Do you guys prefer that, or would you like me to do more with the boys? If so, let me know!

Kirstin heaved one last time, feeling her breath leave her body. Her eyes watered, feeling a few tears escape as she gasped in air to her still-shaking body. 

She wiped her mouth with her sleeve, not caring enough to look for a towel or napkin, and began to use the tap water of the bathroom sink to wash away the tear stains on her cheeks. The girl shakily fixed her hair to hide the evidence that she was sick. 

She wasn't going to ruin their chances of ruining this competition, she wouldn't do that to the boys. Scott and Mitch had worked for this since childhood, this could be Kevin's chance to show his family he can pursue his passion of music as a successful career, and Avi was an incredible person who deserved something good to come his way. She wasn't going to be the one to fuck up the lives of four amazing people because of her deteriorating health. 

Taking one last moment to calm herself down and let out a few of the coughs she'd been holding in during practice all day. Her voice kept cracking because of it, and Mitch was clearly annoyed. Scott was getting there, too, though he wasn't quite as upfront about it. 

She stepped out of the bathroom, making her way back to her friends. 

"Sorry about that. I'm good now." She told the group. She needed to figure out how she was going to perform this song without screwing it up. 

"You sure you're okay, Kirst? You seem kinda pale." Avi asked her in a quiet whisper, and she nodded and forced a small smile to convince him. Of course he'd be one of the first to notice. Usually, it would be Kevin with his medical training, but he was stressed and distracted with more important things than his bandmate's health. 

"Yeah, I drank some water, so hopefully my voice will finally be warned up and ready to go." She nodded, ignoring the uneasy feeling in her stomach. She was sure she'd already spewed anything she had in her stomach already, so she'd be safe for a while. 

"Yeah, let's hope so." Mitch added sassily, rolling his eyes. Kirstin knew that wasn't really him, the stress was just taking its toll on him and he was lashing out, but it still hurt. Lately, it seemed to affect them all lately. Mitch was being rude, Scott was forgetful, Kevin seemed completely drained, and even though Avi didn't show it as clearly, she could tell he was also drained. They all wanted this so badly, and they were only a few performances away from the dream they'd all shared. 

She shook off any tiredness creeping up, trying to refocus on the music and keep her voice from cracking once again. She had to at least push herself through this performance for her bandmates, then she'd have a day or two to be sick alone when they weren't relying on her so much. She was still struggling to keep up with them, however, forcing herself not to cough as that would be even more noticeable than having to push herself harder to hit the right notes.  

"Kirst, are you sure you're good?" Avi asked, seeing something was off with the woman once again. She was never this out of it, but he also knew Kirstie was good at hiding things, so if he could notice it then it meant it had to be getting bad. 

“Yeah, sorry.” she mumbled, getting ready to start again from the top, but this time with the boys staring at her. 

“Don’t lie to me Kirst. I’ve known you since we were eight years old.” Mitch said, making Kirstie sign. He was right, she couldn’t lie to him.