Tour fever- Kirstie

This one is a bit long, and a bit different than my normal writing style, but that's because I wrote it with my amazing friend CJisHappyNow Please enjoy!

"9am rehersal isn’t even that early,” Scott sighed. Kirstie still wasn’t up yet, and the group admittedly lacked the courage to simply wake the small girl up. Maybe they were trying to be kind, but at the same time, it was a little bit odd she was still sleeping. 

“She’s usually up at 5,” Esther huffed. The group secretly wanted to ride out this new and unique situation. None of the boys had the heart to wake her, as they knew she never got more than five hours of sleep. She was always so soft and gentle when waking them up, always caring for them when they were sick as she was so nurturing, the least they could do was let her sleep in. 

"I mean, how long would it take her to get ready? She's been having trouble sleeping the last night or two, maybe she just needs some extra rest." Scott spoke up, knowing the girl he'd called his best friend since eight better than any of the others did, though Mitch was close behind in the category of 'Kirstie  knowledge'. If she was still asleep, she needed it.  

“Think back to the last time this happened,” Kevin speaks up. “What went down the last time Kirstie slept in?”

“She was sick.”

“Bingo,” Kevin responds. Perhaps they could come up with a plan to coax her through sweet nothings and whispering kind words from a distance, but they’d have to accept that something was probably wrong. 

"Alright, well, we may need to let her get a day off then." Avi spoke with a sigh. It wasn't ideal, but they weren't sure just how bad she was. 

"No, no, she needs to end at rehearsal." Esther spoke up, having only been manager to her little brother's band for about a month now. She didn't  seem to realize just how heartbreaking the girl could be when sick. She wasn't very often, but when it did manage to happen, it really hit her. 

"I really don't think that's fair, Es. We've all taken sick days before, and yeah, it's not the best day for her to get sick, but if she needs to rest, we should let her."  Avi spoke quickly to defend the girl. His sister just hadn't been there long enough to realize just how bad this could be for her. But when the woman still didn't seem to lighten up, he sighed. 

"Fine, then you can wake her up." He sighed, knowing seeing the sick girl would definitely show her that the mezzo-soprano really needed it. 

Esther threw her hands to the side, before crossing them in annoyance. She felt incredibly irritated by her constant need to babysit every member. She thought Kirstie would be the one that could take care of herself, and this whole situation was frustrating her. She had signed up for tour manager, not the tour mom. 

Kirstie was in her bed, her legs tucked up near her chest while on her right side. Her hair was a tangled mess, and her breathing was weighted, heavy and slow. Every component that made up her brittle posture just added to a big sum of her ill looking person.

“Kirst?” Esther asked, leaning over her. After a moment of frustration, she began to lightly shake the girl's shoulder. She woke up with a shock, gasping a little when she saw her. Kirstie’s bottom lip jotted out dramatically, and she pouted before pulling the duvet back over her freezing body. 

She needed to work. She loved work, and maybe she just needed to suck it up. Grow a backbone and flaunt that she wasn’t a child who required babying.

“Everyone’s waiting, girlie,” Esther motions to the back.

"Mm, okay." Kirstie spoke softly, deciding against nodding due to her pounding headache. She didn't want to point out she had a feeling the boys would just send her straight back to bed, though, as Esther already seemed angry with her. She really didn't want to make the new tour manager upset with her, as Avi had mentioned she could get a bit passive aggressive at times and Kirstie was a bit sensitive to comments like that.