Rough day🤍

You stomped into the spare room in John B's chateau that you and JJ had now claimed as your own to see your blonde haired boyfriend napping. He had his hands tucked under his head and his legs stretched out and crossed.

It was likely that he had been in that position all day. After losing his job, you could hardly persuade him to cook breakfast, let alone making him look for another.

But you had your own things to worry about. You were unbelievably busy with work.

You pulled off your uncomfortable trousers and your smelly shirt, throwing them on the chair in which the button on the trousers made a loud clink against the wood.

JJ woke up suddenly, smiling as soon as he saw you just in your underwear.

You huffed before throwing yourself face first onto the bed beside him. JJ turned to the side to face you, resting his head on his hand that his elbow propped up.

"Uh oh someone's not happy" He said.

You mumbled an inaudible sound.

You felt JJ unclip your bra before running his fingers up and down your bare, aching back.

"Rough day huh?" He asked. You nodded, turning your head to face him as you pouted dramatically. He pouted back, leaning in to kiss you.

He kissed your nose after, making you scrunch it playfully.

"What happened?" He questioned.

"Nothing in particular. Just serving stuck up Kooks and dealing with an asshole of a boss" You explained. JJ nodded, pushing a strand of hair behind your ear.

"Surely you can try and find a new job? Anyone would be lucky to have you" He said.

It was probably true; anyone would be lucky to have you. But you had already looked for any new jobs and they were all taken up. There was nothing for you.

"I've already looked"

"You mean to tell me that there is absolutely zero jobs left in the whole of outer banks?"

You turned your head away from him. "Uh huh"

"I don't believe you. I'll find one for ya" He said with confidence. It was sweet that he always tried so hard for you but everything seemed so easy to him.

JJ got up off the bed and grabbed your laptop from the desk. Sitting on the bed again with his back to the headboard, he put the laptop beside him and ran his fingers through your hair.

You turned your head to look at him once again. He gazed at you and then tapped his lap.

You took the hint and shuffled around so that your head was resting on his lap and your legs were bent in front of you.

~

After a few minutes of typing and you occasionally dozing off, JJ suddenly exclaimed "Pet shop worker!"

You jumped.

"Sorry" He chuckled, "Check this out though"

You raised your eyebrows with interest, moving so that you were sat next to JJ with your back to the headboard. He put the laptop on his lap and turned it to you, pointing at the information.

"Pretty good pay, flexible working hours so you can fit surfing in, you're around cute animals all day; it's perfect Y/N"

Although it all sounded good, clearly JJ hadn't looked at the location. It was in LA...

You pointed at the location in silence and then looked up at JJ.

"Oh"

He clicked off it and continued to scroll.

"I mean unless you wanna drive me 41 hours there and 41 hours back every day?"

He pushed his lips out and squinted, pretending to think about your request. He shook his head and looked at you.

"Might be a little too far" He said quietly. You laughed before moving the laptop off his lap and then throwing your arm around his torso, snuggling into him.

"We'll look later, I just wanna sleep" You mumbled against his chest. His fingers found their way into your hair, playing with it softly. That feeling was always bound to make you pass out.

And sure enough, it did.