Broken family🤍

You walked into JJ's chateau after being out alone for the whole day. You left JJ in his bed at 9am and has just got back at 9pm, not telling anyone where you had gone.

You just needed some time to think to yourself. Things with your family weren't good. Your parents always compared you to your perfect little sister, so you were never home because of it. Obviously they kept on at you to come back, but you took no notice.

You had woken up today to tonnes of harsh, nasty messages from both your parents. It really upset you, hence the need to think.

JJ was sat at the table, head in his hands, before he lifted it up when he saw you walk through the door.

"Where were you?" He asked calmly, but you could tell he was holding in all his emotions.

The clenched jaw gave it away.

"Out" You responded bluntly, dropping your keys on the side before heading to JJ's room without a single explanation.

"Hey! Where have you been Y/N?!" He called after you, following you into his room.

"Out!" You replied a lot louder, growing impatient at his mithering. Honestly you would've acted the same, but you were too frustrated with everything to think about the attitude you were giving your boyfriend.

"Nope that doesn't cut it for me. You've been missing all day. I've left you like a hundred messages-"

"I left my phone here" You interrupted to say in a very empty tone.

"Y/N what's this about huh? This isn't you-" He softened to say, realising your clearly fragile state. He didn't want to make you any worse.

"JJ please just leave me alone" You dropped onto his bed, your head in your hands.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me" JJ kneeled in front of you, rubbing your thighs softly before taking hold of your wrists. He brought your hands away from your face to reveal your teary eyes.

"Heyy" He pouted, gently wiping the tears away. "Talk to me"

You took a couple of seconds to think before blurting it all out to JJ.

"It's my parents. I'm not good enough for them, but they still hate me for never coming home. I can't be like my sister and they can't stand me because of it. I don't know what to do anymore I-" You broke down.

JJ held the back of your head and then pulled you into him, keeping you close because he knew that was how you could always be comforted.

~

"Do you think maybe you should go and talk it out with them?" He suggested softly after you had calmed down. He was now holding both your hands, his pretty eyes looking into yours.

"Maybe. I don't know. I doubt it would change anything" You replied.

"It's worth a try, hm? I'll go with you" He said, to which you nodded and accepted his help in standing you back up again.

~

"Y/N" Your mom said as she opened the door to you and JJ. She gave JJ a 'look', before stepping aside. "Come in"

JJ's hand held yours tightly as you lead him inside. Your mom directed you both to the living room where your dad was sat on the couch. He switched off the TV and turned to the both of you as you sat as close to JJ as you could on the other couch.

"Hey dad" You said quietly.

"So you haven't forgotten about us" He rudely remarked as your mom sat beside him. JJ cleared his throat a little before holding your hand tightly after seeing you begin to get anxious.

Silence hung in the room as you all waited for someone to say the first word.

"Go on then Y/N, explain why you've decided to care about your family again" Your dad spoke up.

"Dad-"

"Without the begging for attention" Your mom added.

You looked at JJ and shook your head a little, giving him the expression that said 'I told you so'. He gave you a reassuring smile and a quick squeeze of your hand.

"I was tired of never living up to your perfect expectations. I'm not Y/S/N and I don't wanna be, but you both made it very clear that that isn't good enough for you" You began to explain, but your mom interrupted you once again.

"Oh here we go, the Y/S/N talk" She rolled her eyes.

"Well I came here to open up didn't I?"

"This isn't opening up Y/N this is whining" She snapped back.

"I'm not whining Mom I'm tryna-"

"God you're exhausting" She huffed, making you raise your voice.

"Would you just let me finish?!" You yelled suddenly. The room went quiet for a couple of seconds, everyone trying to take in your unexpected outburst. JJ rubbed your thigh with his other hand softly.

"Get out of my house" Your mom then demanded. You never thought you would ever hear her say that.

"Oh yeah there we go!" You stood up abruptly, walking closer to your mom. JJ came up behind you, his hands on your shoulders as he tried to lead you away from the whole situation. He knew that fighting would get you all nowhere.

"Babe can we just go plea-"

"Some things NEVER change huh mom?! Always wanting to get rid of me because I don't want to lead a BORING LIFE LIKE YOU!" You bellowed, prodding your finger at your mom.

Then, with no reason, your dad began to have a go at JJ.

"This is all your fault you dirty Maybank boy. Just like your father messing everything up for everyone else" He snarled. You didn't think you could get any angrier, but hearing your dad say those words really proved you wrong.

"DON'T YOU DARE BRING HIM INTO THIS!" You began to shove at your dad, causing JJ to wrap his arms around your waist from behind and pull you away.

Just before anything else could happen, your dad held his hand up to hit you. JJ got there quicker though, standing in front of you so that he was face to face with your dad.

"Don't put your hands on her-"

And with that, your dad punched JJ straight in the nose.

"HOW FUCKING DARE YOU!" You went at your dad again, but JJ managed to hold you back and begin to pull you towards the door.

"Come on Y/N don't lose it" He mumbled in your ear.

You yelled louder as the distance between you and your parents got further and further.

"I HATE YOU BOTH! I HATE YOU WITH EVERYTHING IN ME!"

Then JJ slammed the door shut...