My phone starts ringing from my bed, so I go over and answer it. A FaceTime from Gabe. "Hi", I sit on the bed.

"Happy birthday!"

"Thank you", I drawl.

"Is that Morgan?" I hear a small voice from the other line.

"Yeah", Gabe tells her.

"Happy birthday, Morgan!" Ellie runs into the frame.

"Thank you, El", I chuckle, slightly.

"Okay now go away", Gabe pushes her away and sits on the couch. "What did you get for your birthday?"

"I got this", I hold up my wrist. "Isn't it so pretty? It matched the chain Romeo wears around his neck", I gush.

He examines it, muttering "ooh that is pretty", and I nod, enthusiastically.

"You can come down now", Romeo barges into the room.

"Alright. I gotta go now, Gabe".

"Okay bye, have fun", he hangs up.

"You need shoes, we're going out", he walks over to me. He's dressed in a black shirt and black jeans, finished with black sneakers. "Here", he passes me a pair of black flats, knowing my hatred for heels.

"Thanks", he holds on to me as I slip them on.

"Let's go", he takes hold of my hand, pulling me downstairs. "Wait", he puts a hand over my eyes, his rings cold on my skin. "You can't see out there yet", he guides me to the front door.

"Where are we going?" I ask once we get into the garage.

"We're going on a date", he closes the door. "To lunch", he grabs the Lamborghini keys.

"And we're taking this car, why?" I chuckle, finding the Lamborghini a bit much for lunch.

"I just figured that, we're both wearing all black so why not take the black car", he shrugs, getting in. "Okay let's go", he puts his hand on my thigh as he drives. "We're here", he says a small while later as we come to stop. He walks around to open the door for me.

"Hi, do you have reservations?" The lady says as we enter the restaurant.

"Yeah. Mazzaro", he says his name with an accent. Oh     my"Come on", he whispers to me as we walk to our table. I slide into the seat against the wall as he sits opposite me.

"Hi, I'll be your waitress today. Here are your menu's, let me know when you're ready to order", we thank her before she leaves, falling into conversation.

"Tell me something no one knows about you", he leans back in his chair.

"Well, there isn't anything that no one knows about me. But there is something that I've only actually told two people", I sit up. "I'm adopted".

"Really?" He sits up. "How old were you when you—", he trails off, unsure of what to say.

"I was in the orphanage since I was a baby, until I was eight, then my family adopted me. Gabriel was four and my mom was pregnant with El", he holds my hand. "I tried my best to not get adopted because I was determined that my biological parents would come back for me. So, I used to act like I was a horrible child whenever someone came over. Then, one night my parents walked in with Gabe, he saw me crying and came to sit with me. And that's how I was adopted", I chuckle. "I've never actually told anyone the full story before".

"Well, I'm glad you told me", he squeezes my hand.

"Are you ready to order?" The waitress walks over to our table.

Fake love ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara