XXXI

Chapter thirty one

•Morgan•

"Did you sleep well?" I ask Ava when she walks into the kitchen.

"Yeah, thank you. The best sleep I've had in a while", she chuckles, slightly. "Where's um—where's your boyfriend? Did he come back last night?" She changes the subject.

"Yeah, he came back not too long after you went up to bed. He had a long day at work and had to leave early for New York today", she nods. We make small talk while I serve her breakfast.

After finishing, I grab her clothes out of the dryer, folding them up. "Feel free to keep those if you want", I gesture to my clothes she's wearing.

"Really?" She looks from the hoodie to me.

"Yeah, of course".

"Thank you", she smiles, genuinely. "Oh, by the way, my friend Jackson is coming to pick me up", we move into the living room, taking a seat on the couch. "He's going to take me to get a second set of car keys and take me back to my car", we fall into a conversation on where she met Jackson, to where she went to college, etcetera. "He's here", she stands up as the doorbell rings. "Thank you so much for helping me", she plays with the ends of her hoodie.

"I already told you, it's no problem. Call me whenever and we can hang out someday", she nods, smiling. We walk over to the door, opening it to see who I'm assuming is Jackson. He's tall and has dirty blonde hair, pretty much how I imagined him.

"Hey.. Morgan, is it?" I nod.

"Yeah, hi", I smile.

"Thank you for letting her stay, I would've picked her up but I was busy", Ava slaps his arm.

"You make it sound like I'm a child and you're my parent", Jackson and I both chuckle, saying our goodbyes before they leave. Now it's just me.

Morgan: are you coming over today? i'm actually so bored

I take a seat on the couch, waiting for her reply as I watch an episode of Friends playing in the TV.

Hayley: yeah, i'll be round in half an hour

Enough time to finish another episode.

Once the episode ends, I take out my phone and look through my social media while waiting for Hayley to get here. My phone then buzzes with a message.

Hayley: open the door :) i'm outside

I put my phone down, opening the door only to be tackled to the floor. "Get off me you idiot", I push her off me, rolling out from under her and walking into the living room, with her in tow.