XI

Chapter eleven

•Morgan•

"Wake up. Wake up", I hear from beside me. "Daddy's here", huh?

Wait.

What's up my shirt?

I slowly open my eyes and see Brooke standing there with a smile on her face. I look down to my stomach, seeing an arm.. up my shirt? I quickly slap Romeo's hand, causing him to jolt awake. "What the f—", he stops himself once he sees Brooke, immediately pulling his hand from my shirt.

Suddenly, I hear laughing from the doorway of the living room. "Daddy", Brooke squeals, running over to Rafael as he picks her up.

"How did you get in?" Romeo asks as we both sit up.

"Will let me in. He said he made breakfast but he had to go", Rafael says, confused.

"Yeah, he only comes to make breakfast, and sometimes dinner, if I'm at home", Romeo informs him.

"Uh, I'm gonna—I'm gonna go and get dressed", I stand up, awkwardly walking to the stairs.

"Wait!" I hear Brooke's small voice as she runs over to me, still in her pyjamas. "I wanna come", she says as I pick her up, balancing her on my hip. I chuckle at her as she leans her head on my shoulder. "You guys are a cute couple", she whispers in my ear. My eyes widen at her words but I choose to ignore them.

When we get to my room, I do the same as before. I turn the TV on and put Brooke on the couch, whilst I get ready. "I'm gonna take a shower so, you can watch TV for a bit, yeah?" She nods, keeping her eyes trained on the TV.

After I shower, fix my hair and brush my teeth, I change into the clothes I brought in with me; a pair of black jeans and white fitted T-shirt, with a black hoodie over it. "Come on, let's go pick out some clothes for you to wear", I say to Brooke as I walk out of the bathroom, turning the TV off. She jumps up, running to her room, going straight to her closet. "How about.. this?" I pick up a yellow summer dress.

"Hm, no", she shakes her head.

"This?" I hold up a white T-shirt with a unicorn on the front.

"Yeah!" She exclaims, I throw it on her bed.

"Okay, how about these?" I hold up a pair of jeans, she shakes her head. "These?" I hold up a pair of black shorts.

"Nope", she shakes her head, again.

"What about these?" I hold up a pair of blue, denim shorts. She nods her head enthusiastically while taking them from my hand, grabbing the rest of the clothes.