XXXII

Chapter thirty two

•Romeo•

"Fuck", I wince as I drag myself to the kitchen in my hotel room, holding my side.

"Dude, what the hell?" Max barges in, walking over to me.  "Woah", he takes a step back, seeing my injured waist. "I was gonna yell at you for leaving me with them, but I think I'll refrain from that now".

"Gee, thanks", I roll my eyes, grabbing the first aid kit.

"What are you doing?" He gulps, visibly.

"Stitching it, dumbass. What does it look like?" I wince as I move my arm to grab the needle.

"You can't do it yourself".

"Well would you like to do it?" I look up at him. "Thought so", I mumble as my phone starts to ring. "Go see who it is", I tell him.

"It's Morgan", he walks back over to the kitchen. "Hello?" He answers. "Yeah, he's here... he's stitching himself up", my head snaps up to him. My eyes meet his as I shake my head frantically. "She's asking if you're okay", he whispers to me.

"Just give me the phone", I hold my hand out for him to place the phone in. He sighs, putting it on speaker and putting it down on the counter beside me. "Hey".

"Hey, are you okay? What happened?" She says, concerned.

"Yeah—yeah, babe. I'm fine", she sighs in relief.

"Really?" I try not to wince as I shift in my seat.

"Mhm", I squeeze my eyes shut for a moment before opening them to see her FaceTiming me.

"Show me", she demands as I accept it. "Oh my god. How did you get that?" She gasps once I show her.

"I uh—I got stabbed", I mumble.

"You need to stitch it up", she pushes.

"Yeah", I hiss in pain. "I'm doing that now".

"Be careful", she tells me. "Anyway, I outta go now. When are you coming back?"

"I'm not sure, it'll probably be another couple of days", I say, not failing to notice the look of disappointment on her face which she tries to cover up. "Sorry".

"Don't be sorry, you need to work. I just miss you", she mutters.

"I miss you too", I sigh. "Have a good evening with Brooke. I'll see you in a couple days", she says goodbye before hanging up.

"Cute", Max comments. "I want a girlfriend", he sighs.

"What about Ava?" I mutter, still stitching my side.

"Morgan said she wouldn't give me her number, I have to get it myself", I chuckle, slightly. "Now hurry up, I wanna go eat", he gets up. "And don't get blood on the counter".