Hailstone Hook

I knelt down and kept my balance on the back of a galloping Fenrir. I opened my wings ever so slightly, feeling the breeze run thru my feathers as we traveled. With the World Tree towering above, Fenrir hurried across an open field towards the centre city at the foot of its roots. As Fenrir rushed towards the base of the tree, I couldn't help but feel good as I rode upon his back. I rubbed the top of his head and smiled as we neared Yggdrasil city at the base the World Tree.

"Back to business as usual, eh Fenrir?" I asked as we approached the very front.

He barked back happily and slowed to a trot as we entered the city limits. With me still on his back, Fenrir walked thru the streets to give me a heightened view of local taverns and shops. The gaze of many players found us as we reached our destination. I dismounted Fenrir and approached a tailor shop where a nice lady was working. She greeted me with a smile and I removed the black fur pelt upon my shoulders, placing it down in front of her with some coins.

"Just a hood would be nice." I winked and she complied pleasantly, leaving me to admire the World Tree.

It had been quite some time since I visited the great World Tree and looking up at it made it all the more surreal. It's spiraling branches swirled colossally upwards, scraping straight thru the clouds that surround around it's very top. The pulsating aura of its essence lives and breathes throughout the embedded roots that touch the edges of this land, allowing for us as its inhabitants to prosper. It was like I could feel it's very soul as I stood in its presence.

"Oi! Is thatchu, K?" I heard a higher pitched voice request my attention.

I looked down and before me was a familiar whisker lined face that I quickly recognized.

"Argo? I haven't seen you around in ages. Keepin' it real on the streets?" I asked her.

"As real as an info broke be! Ya still owe me fer keepin' ya Crystal identity a secret from tha other K-boy all them ages ago." Argo beckoned for me to cough it up.

"That's old news now, Argo. You can't keep a tab on stale info." I shrugged with a smirk.

"Dangit. Ya absolutely right. Hm... how's aboutcha sell me some new info? Huh? I'll buy whatever ya got!" She insisted.

"Sorry, Argo. The Crystal Swordsman is an open book now. Fighter of evil and guardian of light." I told her proudly.

"Well, that's too- What the-! What is that?? A hellhound!?!" Argo's Cat ears and tail stuck straight up in shock.

I looked over at what she was afraid of and saw Fenrir confusedly turn his head.

"Oh, you mean my dog?" I turned back to her.

"Yer... D-dog??" Argo was quivering.

"Well, Fenrir doubles as my steed but he definitely has the heart of a puppy." I assured her as I scratched the bottom of his chin and caused his tail to wag.

"F-Fen... rir?" She gulped.

"Something wrong?" I tilted my head at her confused.

"I'll... I'll buy that info. How's about... f-five hundred credits?" Argo sounded like she was nervous in the presence of such a big canine.

"What? No, Argo. You don't need to buy information from me. You and I are friends." I confirmed as the tailor rung a bell and met me so I could retrieve my pelt.

I bowed my head with a smile and promptly returned the black fur over my shoulders.

"Right! Ya! It's uhh... on the house! Cool!" Argo reversed slowly until her back met a wall.