Nerve Piercer

"Alright team, gas is closing fast. We need to finish this fight and exfil ASAP. The last remaining targets are priority o-" A gunshot suddenly cut K off as he continued to give orders.

"K!!" I shouted.

"Mother fucker!" K growled and I heard him inject himself with a self revive.

"What do I do, K??" I was worried.

"If they know I'm here, they sure as hell know you're there! Get to Kirito and the others!!" This time, K meant that order.

I instinctively started sprinting towards the Storage Unit Facility. I made ground quickly but I began to hear gunfire shooting in my direction. I gasped and ducked while strafing away from the incoming bullets.

"What's your status, K??" Kirito frantically asked on comms, hearing the gunfire near us.

"We've been engaged!" K shouts and gets to his feet.

"Sinon, Where are you?" Kirito asked.

"On my way to you! K's back on his feet but I don't know where the contacts are in relation to him!" I shouted.

"I do." A familiar female voice came over comms.

In that same instance, I heard unsuppressed sniper fire near K's position. I was worried that K may have encountered another sniper but to my surprise, I noticed another scope glint in the communications tower of the Airport. A few quick pops went off and I watched K hold his thumb to the sky.

"Contacts are moving in below me. I've rigged the tower to blow, so I won't be with you in the final fight." The female voice relayed.

"Thanks Suguha. We owe you." K spoke aloud on the teams comms.

"Sugu?!" We all yelled.

"You're on your own team. Sugu out." Her communicator went dark and we could no longer contact her.

Just when I looked up to where K was still on the building, an explosion went off in the Airport tower. K snapped to attention and witnessed a big plume of smoke emerge from within the now burning tower. It would seem Suguha got the last laugh on her attackers.

"Prison is closed. No second chances." The announcer came on comms and spoke.

"That's our queue." K spoke and jumped off the building.

He pulled his parachute and glided swiftly in front of me. I watched him slowly walk with his sniper rifle in his hands. At first I thought it was just some random suppressed sniper, but upon further inspection I noticed crucial details. On the side of the sniper rifle was a snarling wolf that's eyes were glowing red. I analyzed it until K turned to me and gave a quick smile before pressing his earpiece to activate his skull mask. K put the sniper rifle on his back, then pulled out a small Bizon SMG. Right as he cocked it and began to run forward, I caught a glimpse of the same wolf upon the SMG. Were these a new set of K's guns that I didn't know about? In any case, we pushed hard to the Storage Unit Facility. K already knew that Kirito would have a good position with Asuna and Liz, so we moved up with haste.

"Status." K simply instructed.

"Posted up on the outside wall of the facility." Kirito relayed.

"Push in on your side, we'll pinch them from ours." K ordered and led the way.

Thru the concrete wall we moved and around us were many storage unit buildings. K seemed to be paying more attention down the paths and on the roofs. Not being entirely used to a CQC environment like this, I drew my full auto Glock and hoped for the best.