Soundless Decease

We all have reasons for wanting to escape, and usually it is kept to the beholder. But the thing about this virtual world sometimes, is that bonds forge faster. When players work toward a common goal, a rapport is made, even if just for a short time. Good or bad will determine how long you stay with this "Rando" as we call them. But if it's good, if the team works together effectively, then it's merely fate that allows them in or out. In most cases, you'll butt heads with the randoms you play with. But there is always the one occasion, the one spark that makes you feel like you really have power. When you find a good ally, anything can be accomplished. In the gaming realm, bonds transcend time and space. And it only builds the more you play. Remember that.

"Sinon, Wake up." I heard.

I opened my eyes to a very restless looking Player1. In the still barely lit dawn sky, he looked around to the buildings across from us as he checked and rechecked his mags of ammo.

"What is it, Player1?" I asked.

"Hush. I can hear chatter below us. Some type of deal going on, and that most likely means snipers." Player1 explained.

"Deal? Who would be making a deal in a tournament?" I wondered.

Player1 held out his left arm and let a purple hologram screen expand from his digital wrist device. He typed something and then pressed my earpiece as well as his own. Suddenly Player1 and I could hear talking over our comms.

"A truce. They want to wipe out the rest of the competition as a team." Player1 must have caught something that I didn't.

"If this goes smoothly, We'll conquer this whole game in no time. So, Whaddya say?" One guy spoke over our comms.

Player1 gestured for me to stay low and to follow him to the edge of the rooftop. Him and I crouched to peer over and saw a small squad of about eight players who were meeting for the deal, four on each side.

"You do understand that if and when we win as a team, we'll end up having to kill each other?" The other leader replied.

"Once they're all gone, it'll be your squad versus mine." The first one confirmed.

"Good. Then we have a deal, but, we split fifty percent of the loot and credits." The second one proposed.

"I suppose that's only fair. So then, let's shake on this shall we?" The first one held out his open hand.

"I'm going down there." Player1 stood up.

"What? No! That's a horrible idea!" I refuted.

"If I kill them now, that's eight less players to worry about. Just keep your scope on me." Player1 looked to me, being sure that I got it.

I summoned my sniper and rested it on the edge of the building, waiting for him to drop but he turned to face me.

"Sinon! Get down!" Player1 tackled me and put his back to the building across from us.

In that same instance, a silent sniper bullet pierced his spine and glowing red shards burst out of it. Almost the opposite of a bleeding bullet wound.

"No!" I screamed.

"I'm fine!" Player1 hastily turned and drew a knife, swapping grip quickly as he threw it at sniper across from us.

To my surprise, the blade flew and imbedded right into the snipers forehead. Even from the distance we were at. It was a tremendous throw. He collapsed to his knees temporarily, being slightly paralyzed from the bullet wound.