Final Cognition

Technopath, Purple, Sharpshooter: K - Player1

As we arrived at the foot of the building, I looked straight up at the crazy towering structure reaching ever so high. I knew the only thing waiting for me at the top was an imminent fight to the literal death. Fukaziroh caught up to me and was out of breath but I walked inside to leave her behind as she sighed before catching up again. We reached the elevator within the building and stepped inside reluctantly.
I pressed my fist against the top button and the double doors slid shut. I leaned against the back wall and crossed my arms, waiting for us to access the roof.

"Hey, K? I just need to ask before we get up there... Are you doing alright?" Fukaziroh seemed to tilt her head up at me curiously.

"Hmm? What do you mean?" I simply asked.

"Well, it's just... after what happened with Hayden and the others. ...This DeathGun fight. Are you sure you're in the right headspace to do this?" Fukaziroh worried for me.

"I'll be fine. It's just fuel for the flame." I replied.

"I fear your flame may become a wildfire..." Fuka looked down.

"It already has." I was honest.

I noticed Fuka in the corner of my eye look up at me and hold out a hand to rub my arm. Before she could however, the elevator doors opened to reveal the top floor of the building. Out the windows were skyscrapers and neon lights as far as the eye could see, but we weren't here to admire the view. I immediately stepped out and made my way to the roof access stairway. Fuka followed close behind me as I climbed the stairs, skipping a step each time. At the top of the stairs was a doorway that I pushed open with ease. Fukaziroh and I treaded onto the rooftop of the skyscraper, standing tall above the entirety of the cyber city below. I scanned the roof around us closely and waited. I wouldn't be caught off guard this time.

"The mighty protector has finally arrived to face his end... how poetic." DeathGun chuckled as he emerged from behind a metal ventilation box.

As he stepped out, I noticed him holding a strap over his shoulder that seemed to be attached to a larger caliber gun.

"I face my end with dignity. Very few can say the same." I growled.

"That is correct. Most others coward in fear when they saw me... or rather, my gun." DeathGun tilted his head.

"You don't scare me." I was serious.

"You should be scared. This is how your life ends after all." DeathGun drew the large weapon and held a suppressed black sniper rifle in front of him for me to clearly see.

"Silent Assassin..." I heard Fuka whisper it's name under her breath next to me.

Seeing him hold it tho... it confused me. Why would he need a sniper rifle if I'm the only competition left? I'm right in front of him and this rooftop is limited in space. Then it clicked. He didn't plan on using it at all. It was purely intimidation and I saw right thru it. I let out an audible chuckle that DeathGun seemed not to entertain. I brought my hand up to an earpiece and with the press of one button, my respirator and goggles dematerialized away to reveal my whole face. I smiled with an almost evil look which caused DeathGun to croak.

"You laugh in the face of death." He tried to intimidate me.

"Sniper rifle, huh? I'll match you." I went into my inventory and spoke almost as if he were a good friend like Kirito.

"You're making a grave mistake." DeathGun warned.

"I can kill you even without my best weapon." I smirked as I scrolled thru my inventory.