sweet nothings - i want to stay here longer with you

Start from the beginning

He skipped over, throwing his arm around his neck and smooshing his cheek together with his, "Nice kill, Ryu-chan!"

At this affection, Tanaka looked at the other side of the court, smirking when he saw that some of Seijoh's players were glaring at him. He pulled off cocky and smug looks as M/n continued on praising him. He was rubbing it in to their faces. 

After that point, M/n was switched off the court with Sugawara. 

"Slaughter them, Suga-senpai!" M/n grinned, making the third year deadpan at his bright expression and morbid words. 

"Aha...al-alright, M/n-chan!" he shakily responded, moving onto the court after their substitution was finished. 

M/n walked over to the little box designated for the people on the side, excitedly watching for Sugawara's serve. And he didn't disappoint. He sent it right to Kyoutani in the front, making him take a knee and late to the next attack. Despite Seijoh getting the spike down, Daichi saved it.

 Kageyama and Sugawara switched places and it was now a 5 hitter synchronization attack. 

"So cool!" M/n cheered, bouncing on the balls of his feet as he leaned down on Kinoshita. 

Kageyama was the one that securred their point, hitting straight down. This made Seijoh call for a timeout. 

"Suga-senpai! That was so cool!" M/n cheered holding his seenpai's hands as he conveyed his excitement. He then went to ruffle his grey hair, grinning ear to ear to see that his upperclassman was also pumped up to be in the match too, "I'll be cheering you on from back here, so get as many points as you can," 

"Of course, M/n-chan," Sugawara smiled back, pure happiness filling his chest. It was stressful to be put into the game so suddenly and having to serve right away. But hearing M/n's, and the rest of the taem's, encouraging words and excited shouts, he was beginning to feel less stressed and more lax. Another thing that gave him energy was M/n's bright smile and gentle touches. 

He softly touched the back of his hand, remembering the lingering feeling M/n had left on him and smiled in determination. 

Seijoh used their timeout to plan effectively. Despite the ball being sent directly to Kyoutani, Makki came from behind and saved it instead. This made Kyoutani run up and spike the ball down onto Karasuno's court, making Sugawara sigh in defeat.

M/n and him switched out, but due to the rotation, Nishinoya went in again in place of M/n. So the middle blocker glomped Sugawara in a hug, swaying the two of them back and forth, "You did good, Suga-senpai!"

 "I wanted to at least take us to a tie though," Sugawara sighed once more and M/n only tightened his hold on the setter.

"Don't worry, the point you gave us was essential to our victory," M/n said, gently hugging Sugawara for a second longer before focussing in on the game. 

M/n stayed close to Sugawara for as long as he could, holding him from behind as he watched the match with hs chin resting on his older friend's head. He often scoffed and cursed under his breath which made Sugawara laugh or comfortingly rub his arms to calm him down. 

That numer 16 on Seijoh's side was making everything difficult. Karasuno had to call for another timeot and M/n couldnn't help but glare at the blonde hitter. If he hadn't been subbed into the game, Karasuno definitely would've had a higher chance at winning, at a faster pace.