☆ - blessed first years

first years see m/n's forehead for the first time

"it's so hot!" m/n cried, laying flat against the cool floorboards of the gym. his shirt was raised so that his stomach was exposed to the floor, sighing in content as he felt his body temperature go down a little bit. he wasn't good with hot weather, he much preferred the weather to be somewhat on the cooler side. 

"asahi-san!" he called out, making the third year turn around in wonder. 

"what is it, m/n-san?" asahi asked, slightly worried about the boy that seemed to be overheating or something close to that. 

"do you have a spare hair tie?" the third year nodded and immediately went to his wrist where he kept his spare. he always kept one just in case m/n needed it, they were on the more longer haired side of the spectrum. 

"thank you asahi-san, i owe you one," he sighed, standing up and walking over to the windows where he saw his reflection. 

today was an unfortunate day. the air conditioner in the gym was not working and the only way they could get cool air circulating in the gym was a couple of portable fans that were actually pretty big. but they were useless because of the large space they were in, it would take until the end of practice before the team would actually feel cooler than they were now. 

m/n's hair was beginning to matte to his forehead and he sighed in displeasure at the feeling of the excess sweat he was working up. he rolled up his sleeves, not wanting to completely take off his shirt, unlike tanaka who didn't hesitate to show off to kiyoko. after he rolled the fabric up, he put the hair tie in between his teeth so that his hands were free to collect the slightly damp locks. it was a loose ponytail, some strands near the front of his face falling forward since they were too short to be included in the ponytail. 

"ahh! that's so much better," he moaned, a smile on his lips as he felt a bit of the heat be taken off of him, "alright, i'm ready for another round," 

"you better be! because you're playing the entirety of this one since you were laying on the floor for 10 minutes!" ukai shouted, not bothering to hide his annoyance in the boy. 

"that's heartless..." m/n sighed, slouching as he got into position, "but alright, there's no escaping it now." he grinned as he looked across the net to see kageyama standing right in front of him, "right, tobio-chan?"

the setter's mouth opened and then closed and opened and closed, for at least 10 seconds straight as he let out odd sounds that m/n couldn't comprehend. kageyama was in complete shock and his eyes were trailed on the exposed skin atop of m/n's eyes.