Chapter 2: Her History

Start from the beginning

"So why...Why keep this from me? I don't understand?"

"We kept this from you to protect you." Her Aunt spoke in an angered tone, "I...I don't trust that royal society anymore after my sister died. Lyrica this was for your own good. We made sure to ignore those Valentino's and Castillo's even though they sent letters every holiday."

"What?" Lyrica said with dismay.

This whole time they wanted to contact me, but she stopped them?

"But why!" Lyrica shot up from her seat and furrowed her eyebrows, "What's the point of hiding it from me when this whole engagement thing is now known to the whole world? I mean you guys could've at least told me about my parents. This is the first time I've ever seen my parent's face's or even heard about them! What's so wrong about knowing the history of my family?"

"Because then you'll end up like your mother!" Her Aunt shouted, "You'll end up being curious and try to go over there too."

"What..."

"Mei calm down." Her grandmother looked a bit sad and got up, "What happened was in the past..." she reached out to Mei but she moved her arm away.

"I don't get how you could accept it so easily." She said in a dark tone, "This is why I was happy when you had lost your memory."

"I..." Lyrica was shocked about hearing everything. She felt a bit betrayed. How could they have not told her anything about her parent's, she was lied to for all these years. Lyrica walked away from the living room and walked upstairs to go to her room.

"Lyrica..." her grandmother faintly said. She looked at Mei, "You didn't have to yell at her like that. This is all new for her you understand that right?"

"Tch." Aunt Mei walked away to her room to calm down a bit as well.

As Lyrica walked upstairs she saw Alice sitting on the floor. It looked like she was listening to everything that happened downstairs. Alice didn't know what to say to Lyrica at first when she met her eyes, but words came out her mouth moments later.

"So...Are you going to drop me off tomorrow?" She asked quietly.

"I...I don't think it's a good idea. Your going to have to carpool with someone." Lyrica walked passed Alice and went into her room and locked it. She flopped onto her bed and stuffed her face onto her pillow. It was a eventful day for her, finding out she was of royal blood. But, it just didn't seem like a fantasy like how they portray it in the movies. A few minutes later she got a phone call from her phone. She picked up her phone from the side of her bed and it was Ryan calling her to her surprise. She placed the phone to her ear and answered him.

"Ryan what's up?"

"I should be the one asking you that." He told her, "How are you feeling right now? Are you okay?"

"I...I'm just a bit conflicted right now."

"Tell me about it." His words reaching out to listen to her really helped her out. Ryan had always been there for Lyrica through her toughest times. He had been there through heartaches and even mishaps with other people. She knew he always had her back.

"My grandmother had a talk with me...She said I'm the daughter of the Duke of Valentino."

"Woah, woah, woah. So the whole thing with the Prince? That's legit? They didn't just get the wrong person."

"No they some how found me. I just don't get why I never knew or why no one told me. I mean you would think that your father being that famous or maybe even important in another country...You would think someone would've recognized you by then. You know what I mean?"