Chapter 2: Her History

Start from the beginning

"Am I going to have to carpool with someone else now?" Alice asked.

"I...I'm not sure yet. Let's see what your mom says." Lyrica looked behind her and backed out of the parking lot. They made their way home to find out the truth of it all.

- twenty minutes later -

"Aunt Mei were home." Lyrica yelled out. She took off her shoes and walked to the living room. She found her Aunt and her grandmother sitting across from each other, it looked like Lyrica had interrupted them. The TV was on and they were both watching the news.

"At Logan High School a young girl named Lyrica Park has been announced to be the First Prince of Valentino's fiancé." The news reporter announced, "Everyone was in shock when the news came out after a morning class at the school. Here is one of her classmates with what they saw happened." She pointed the microphone to the guy.

"Yea, so like uh, this good looking guy was like hey I'm the Prince's advisor here's your gift. But, then Lyrica was all like dude I don't even know you...So then like..."

Aunt Mei quickly pointed the remote to the TV to turn off the news when she heard Lyrica walk in.

"Lyrica." Her grandmother smiled with that warm smile she had always given her, "I cut you guys some persimmons." She pointed to the coffee table and on a plate were orange persimmons.

Aunt Mei looked at Lyrica with an anxious look on her face. Lyrica sat down next to her Aunt and then Alice walked into the living room.

"Are we having some sort of family meeting?" She joked.

"Alice, go to your room first, while we talk here." Her mother looked her straight into the eye.

Alice could tell her mother was serious so she just obeyed her, "Okay..." Alice walked away from the living room, but she wondered what was going on.

"So I'm assuming we're going to talk about this whole Prince thing right?" Lyrica asked them. She was a bit frustrated with the whole situation and wanted answers.

"Look Lyrica...Don't pay attention to what's happening. This whole royalty thing...We didn't want this for you at all." Her Aunt spoke, "Your mother...God this is a mess." She lowered her head and placed her hand on her forehead.

Lyrica looked at her a bit worried and looked back at her grandmother hoping for answers.

"Lyrica...Your mother, my daughter, went to Valentino one day on a college school trip. She was an art student and her class went their to study the architecture of Valentino. That was when she met your father." Her grandmother explained, "They bumped into each other and it was love at first sight for the both of them. But, your mother didn't know that...Your father was actually the Duke of Valentino. His last name was Castillo. Your grandfather and I were against them being together at first because she was so young. She still had her whole life ahead of herself. But...She truly loved your father and after a few years they married. Then a year after that they had you. Your mother's name was Lyra and your father's was Eric, they combined the both of their names to get Lyrica. You..." her grandmother pulled out a photo album from her side and opened it up, "You have your father's eyes. The eyes of the Castillo family. You are the daughter of the former Duchess and Duke of the House Castillo."

Lyrica picked up the photo album and looked at the photo closely. It was her mother who looked like Lyrica and her father with his pink eyes. Her father was holding an infant Lyrica and they were all smiling in that photo. Lyrica looked at the photo with sorrow knowing that both her parents are gone, yet this photo showed a memory she doesn't even remember. She then looked back up to her grandmother.